Solution Engineer at Exponent Partners
Location: US Locations Only: 100% Remote
The Solution Engineer (SE) is a technical resource for the sales team and a resource that collaborates closely with the entire Business Development team including all the Account Executives (AE) to understand prospective client’s requirements, support in developing a solution and estimate. The role is responsible for developing and leading demonstrations that address technical requirements and manage objections in the sales cycle. The Solution Engineer will also work closely with the Professional Services team to ensure consistency between the solutions developed and ultimately delivered.
The Solution Engineer must leverage technical and/or sales skills, including the ability to solicit business requirements, develop a technical sales strategy, configure and effectively demonstrate the solutions that address these requirements and provide business value.
What We’re Looking For:
- Proven track record in software sales, software consulting, software implementation or advance software systems administration.
- Experience developing and participating in client presentations.
- 3+ years in Salesforce.com systems administration and/or Salesforce technical consulting.
- Salesforce.com Administrator certification required.
- Consultant-level Salesforce.com certification required (or must be completed in the first 90 days in this role).
- Additional certifications preferred (Pardot, Community Cloud, Platform App Builder, Platform Developer).
- Passion for technology and technical sales with deep experience with web technologies and APIs.
- History of working in or with nonprofit organizations.
- Experience working with or leading diverse teams.
- Ability to travel domestically at a minimum of 10-20% of the time.
- Key Competencies, Skills, and Abilities:
- Effective creative problem solver
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Flexible, collaborative team contributor
- Willingness and ability to follow instructions and processes
- Comfortable making decisions and clear recommendations
- Prompt and responsive communicator
- Produce high-quality deliverables
- Time management and successful execution of concurrent projects
- Prioritization amongst competing obligations
- Client and relationship management skills
- Self-directed and take initiative
- Motivated by challenges
- Can operate in a fast-paced environment
What You Will Be Doing:
- Support the Exponent Partners selling team by:
- Working closely with Account Executives on sales opportunities to design and propose technical solutions to nonprofit organizations.
- Coordinate solution development with the Professional Services team, where required, to bring in the right expertise into the project scoping process.
- Participating in sales discovery calls, documenting requirements, developing scoping guidelines and language in conjunction with the Account Executive.
- Articulating technology solution value and benefits to both business and technical buyers.
- Developing and delivering customized solution demonstrations.
- Maintain cloud-based product demonstration environments by:
- Ensuring the latest updates have been configured.
- Updating or installing 3rd party applications as required.
- Monitoring for license or trial instance renewals.
- Training the Business Development team on demo enhancements.
- Represent our solutions and capabilities at online and in-person marketing and thought leadership events, which include but are not limited to webinars, conferences and seminars.
- Participate in all appropriate product, sales, and procedural training and certification to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be proficient and effective in the position.
- Travel between 10-20% per quarter.
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive pay and total compensation package, a 401(K) employer match, and participation in an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Excellent benefits, including employer paid health coverage, and a generous vacation policy that grows over time.
- A fun and collaborative environment full of high-caliber professionals.
- Flexible, remote work environment with zero commute time.
- Opportunities for innovation and tackling complex challenges.
Who We Are:
Exponent Partners is a passionate, mission driven, organization that exclusively serves nonprofits. We strive to be a changemaker that drives positive, progressive change using the tools at our disposal; and to build an organization that is good for our employees and that reflects the kind of values that we want to see in our community and society. We aspire to an organizational culture that is equal, diverse, curious, growth-minded, innovative, results-focused, and progressive – just like the society that we wish to be part of!
Exponent Partners is committed to building a diverse team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills because we believe diversity drives innovation and impact.
Location: US Locations Only