Solution Architect, Global Information Systems at Whirlpool Corporation
Solution Architect, Global Information Systems
- Location: Remote, US
- Requisition ID: 41991
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Respect, integrity, diversity and inclusion, teamwork and the spirit of winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it’s like to be part of the world’s leading major home appliance company.
As a Global Information Systems Adobe Solution Architect, your role is to act under moderate direction, performing activities including hands solution design & review, code reviews, hands-on technical delivery, SCRUM/Agile planning, and active technical support as it relates to both day to day operations as well as moderately complex projects & enhancements in the e-commerce and Digital space at Whirlpool Corporation.
This role is in the Global Information Systems e-commerce & Marketing team and will mainly support Whirlpool North America (US, Canada, Mexico), but you will also be expected to collaborate and coordinate with groups across the globe.
- Creation of Solution designs, peer review of the following, but not limited to solution designs, functional designs, interface documentation
- Actively lead technical design discussions and strategies related, but not limited to the Digital Platform: Front end design, Backend calls, Data structures, Integrations, Emerging Technologies, Security
- Provide oversight to Vendor’s technical design, code audits, adherence to coding standards, and application delivery
- Contribution of stories and dev tasks to the development/delivery pipeline & backlog
- Support PMs, Technical Lead, and release managers in technical tasks & delivery schedule development
- Utilization of a local environment to perform activities such as, but not limited to participating in code reviews, feature reviews, strategic planning
- Participate in Sprint, Release, and Production triage and active application support & management of the combined Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)/ Hybris solution and Adobe Martech stack
- Analyze, test, implement and maintain small scope technical solutions & IT projects
- Support, Coordinate, and scale the evolving build and cloud deployment systems across all product development teams as assigned / where applicable
- Collaborate with other platform leads to ensure integrated end-to-end design, documentation, operations, and delivery
- Work in tandem with our development, testing, and operations team to raise awareness for the process, tool, and best practices for Continuous Delivery pipeline and implementation
- Ensure Websites and new designs are Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) compliant
- Establish and guide our business on best practices around Adobe suite of products like Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), Adobe Target, Adobe Analytics, and Adobe Launch, etc
- Perform periodic review to ensure privacy & security guidelines are followed in the websites
- This job can be worked remotely from anywhere in the USA
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of development experience with Adobe Sites Web Content Management System (WCMS) v6.3+, that leverages the feature set of Adobe Consulting Services (ACS) Commons, Adobe Digital Asset Management (DAM), Adobe Dynamic Media, Responsive Grid, and Editable Templates and is deployed in complex, multi-tiered environments
- 2+ years of hands-on Adobe WCMS full-stack development experience
- 2+ years actively participating in/managing performance testing/evaluation as part of an ongoing delivery process
- Experience in writing & maintaining technical designs, functional designs for templates, components, interfaces and Front End Design (FED) and integration documentation via Open Service Gateway Initiative (OSGi), Adobe Input/Output ( I/O), Adobe and Cloud Connections
- Experience with source control and change control practices
- Experience evaluating technical solutions/issues and determine root cause, while effectively documenting & communicating tradeoffs & key decision points
- Working knowledge of major e-Commerce technology platforms such as SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (SAP ERP), SAP Commerce, Adobe Marketing Cloud, or other
- Experience on Cloud-based platforms such as Amazon Web services (AWS), SAP Hybris, BlueMix, or Azure
- Experience utilizing Akamai Content Delivery Networks (CDN) and related technical toolsets
- Established knowledge and understanding of data & application security & best practices
- Experience with privacy policies like Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI) & California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) in North America
- Experience in User Interface (UI) technologies like Angular React Bootstrap etc.
- Experience/familiarity with actively adapting the Adobe Maven build process to Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) process and technology such as Jenkins
- Previous sysadmin experience with configuring/maintaining applications via Linux based interfaces in a cloud and on-premise
- Utilization/experience with Docker
- Experience with containerization of Adobe Web Content Management System (WCMS)
- The ideal candidate actively monitors and participates in Open Source code Projects a few times per year
- Experience interacting with business and technical teams to develop requirements & designs
- Experience in interacting and coordinating with vendors including offshore model project execution
- Agile project management methodology knowledge
- Passionate about metrics and top-performing applications
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Prior experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills, ability to accurately analyze information and make sound decisions
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world’s leading kitchen and laundry appliance company, with approximately $20 billion in annual sales, 77,000 employees, and 59 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2019. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit, and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. Additional information about the company can be found at whirlpoolcorp.com.
At Whirlpool Corporation, we believe that all people matter. Celebrating diversity and including thousands of perspectives empower us to create products that blend into every concept of home. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!