Full Time / Technical Services
We are a closely-held web and mobile application development firm looking for a detailed and methodical Software Tester. Are you experienced in developing testing strategies, carrying out software tests, Lean and Agile testing methods? Passionate about building high quality software and services? Looking for a no-politics zone to do your best work? Mercury is the place for you!
The Software Tester will drive delivered quality on a range of web and native applications including:
- Progress Web Applications
- Business intelligence and collaboration systems
- iOS and Android business applications
- Large-scale website development based on innovative creative design, highly usable custom widgets and CMSes
Skills & Requirements
The position requires proven work experience in software testing with an Agile background and understanding of (perhaps even hands-on experience) automated software testing methods and tools.
The Software Tester will work within multidisciplinary Scrum teams, so strong problem-solving skills and a willingness to roll up one’s sleeves will go a long way. The ability to research, reason and communicate findings and avenues for quality improvements to development teams and stakeholders like Product Owners is crucial.
Specific requirements include the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree favored, preferably in Business, Computer Science and/or Engineering
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with software testing
- 5+ years in a professional environment executing root cause analyses, continuous improvement and continuous delivery
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are pretty darn important, too
An affinity for caffeinated beverages and a strong meme stash won’t hurt your chances.
At Mercury you will:
- Create software testing strategies
- Execute all levels of testing (system, integration and regression)
- Detect and track software defects and inconsistencies
- Lead development teams to increased shipped quality following test plan execution
- Develop and/or create automated test suites (Selenium and/or unit tests)
- Recommend application performance guidelines and improvements
- Apply quality engineering principles throughout the Agile product lifecycle
- Provide support and documentation
What Kind of Products Will You Work On?
- Web, mobile and collaboration applications for the Southeast’s fastest growing commercial real estate firms
- Progressive web application for one of the nation’s leading furniture retailers
- Ecommerce, operational management and transactional reporting system for a funded late-stage startup
- iOS, Android and PWA applications for Fortune 50 consumer products field workforce
- Data dashboards, drill down business intelligence reports and mobile reporting for global professional services firms
How to Know If You’re A Fit
If any of the following excites you, we definitely want to talk to you!
- Google Testing Blog
- What is Agile Testing?
- LambaTest Blog
We are a Florida-based group of talented designers and developers devoid of heavy corporate structures, approval processes and tight boundaries. Noted by our clients as giving that little extra that truly sets us apart, we seek to build sustained, successful relationships, ship customized solutions and deliver strategic counsel and zealous service. mercuryworks.com
This Is A Remote-Friendly Position
Mercury is a distributed workforce with developers and designers located throughout the United States. We are open to applicants located anywhere in the continental United States (we find all team members being within 3 time zones of each other best for collaboration) and also Tampa Bay-based professionals.