Job Title: Software Test Engineer-Payroll-Remote
Sage is a global company with a local heart. The market leader for cloud-based accounting, financials, enterprise management, people, and payroll software, we empower the world’s business heroes – from single-person startups to large enterprises. Our people are passionate and positive. We inspire our colleagues to serve business builders everywhere and champion their success. As a FTSE 100 company with 14,000 colleagues across 24 countries, we do business the right way, while giving back to our local communities through the Sage Foundation. Be Sage, build on.
Sage Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws set forth in the Equal Employment Opportunity in The Law poster: http://1sa.ge/EjaS30kzhpR
Sage is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website to apply for a position, please contact us at email@example.com We evaluate requests for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
This role is one that demands a passion for continuous improvement of product, system and customer knowledge. One progression step further than an Entry Level role, a team member in a Test Engineer role should expect to manage their own project work items, actively share knowledge across the testing community and work closely with the delivery teams to carry out thorough and efficient testing to team processes and testing standards. The Test Engineer will create accurate test plans, and execute against these, ensuring that all issues and risks are raised and managed to completion. The Test Engineer will have an eye for detail and be quality focused resulting in thorough and well-organised test phases across all projects they work on.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Demonstrate a level of understanding of the system under test and gain an understanding of how customers use the products under test.
- Create and track to accurate and timely test estimates for projects
- Collaborate with the delivery team to create source documents used for testing artefacts and create and maintain test artefacts that maximise the efficiency of the test phase, cover all requirements and allow for timely delivery of products and/or components to our customers
- Execute different testing approaches within each defined stage of development and keep up to date with advances in the discipline, e.g. rapid, risk based, exploratory, regression, security, usability etc.
- Have an awareness of a test automation framework and as a result create, execute and maintain efficient and effective test automation scripts
- Take accountability for all test related activities within a test phase, accurately record and communicate risks and issues found during test phases and produce effective test metrics for the Test Team Lead
- US payroll domain knowledge (prior experience testing, using or implementing payroll systems and/or related industry certification)
- Natural high level of attention to detail in all aspects of working. As a tester this might range from legislative calculation inaccuracies, missing or malfunctioning validations, omissions in processes, user interface functionality or design issues to differences in performance
- Able to multi-task effectively, prioritise and plan own time to ensure deadlines are met
- Good problem solving approach; always able to provide logical solutions and options
- Clear verbal and written communication style to enable conversations with all levels of stakeholder including direct customers and to ensure accurate issue recording
- Proven experience in testing including experience in designing and implementing test artefacts and awareness of relevant automation tools
- Relevant experience in a software development lifecycle
Technical / professional qualifications:
- ISTQB Foundation or equivalent is desirable
- APA FPC or CPP certification is desirable
Country: United States
Office Location: Remote