Software Test Engineer at Ascensus
Software Test Engineer (100% Remote)
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Type: Full time
As a Quality Engineer at Ascensus, you will be working in a high-energy team, developing and executing automated or manual tests in various stages of development by using the best engineering practices in the industry today. Passion for all aspects of software development is critical. We are building teams that are empowered to solve the business needs by having a rapid development and deployment pipeline with a focus on automation and releasing software.
As a Scrum team member, you will be responsible for delivering solutions that adhere to the software architecture strategy, coding standards, and established organizational policies and procedures.
Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Should be able to effectively plan, define test Strategy, provide QE estimates, provide test management and Test Reporting throughout the Testing cycle
- Should be able to create and modify automated scripts in the proprietary framework for Ascensus
- Enhance the .Net based framework by creating and modifying functions
- Create scenarios, execute tests and log defects based on user stories.
- Executes functional, cross browser, exploratory, security, regression, edge-case and integration testing as required
- Should be able to understand the technical details of the product(s) and assist Development team in trouble shooting issues.
- Should be able to analyze quality of the product before rolling to Customers by analyzing and validating Defect leakages
- Coordinate with various technical and non-technical staff to understand system models, diagrams, test plans, and requirements
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- At least 3+ years of IT QE experience with scripting experience delivering successful products in agile/ iterative / waterfall environment
- Experienced in manual testing techniques, methodologies, testing tools and best practices
- Strong proficiency with automated testing, utilizing frameworks such as UFT/QTP, ROBOT, or custom-built frameworks built around NUnit, or similar
- Experience working with at least one database standard, such as SQL Server or Sybase
- Understanding of Object oriented Concepts, Web Application UI model, HTTP, XML, basic understanding of Dynamic web applications, API/ Service Layer and experience with White box, gray box, black box test development
- Motivated to contribute and do what it takes to get things done as well as motivate others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with clear, concise technical writing style
- Excellent listening, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Problem Solving/Analytical Skills – Critical thinking and the ability to lead as part of a problem-solving group
- Ability to prioritize and be responsible for the execution of project tasks in a high pressure environment
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and department initiatives
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams
- Understand own strengths and weaknesses, has professional standards with regard to attendance, personal accountability, and integrity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Business related field and 3+ years of equivalent work experience
Nice to Have Skills
- Familiarity or experience with Agile engineering practices (test driven development, continuous integration and pair programming, etc.)
- Experience in open source development
- Experience working with performance Engineers or Performance tools
- Understanding of web technologies (HTTP, Apache, HTTP Proxies)
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD)
- Experience with working with legacy code
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!