Software System Architect at Philips
Software System Architect
- United States of America – Home Based
- Full time
Software System Architect
Software System Architect
The system architect will consult with and provide guidance and advice to our development teams regarding their efforts to build products for cloud environments and will serve as a knowledgeable and experienced resource in order to accelerate development of the organization’s cloud based product portfolio.
This role will serve as an architecturally knowledgeable guide for internal resources working on mobile, desktop, and cloud efforts and will work with engineering teams to help and guide their development efforts to build industry-leading products. The system architect will additionally:
- Work collaboratively across multi-disciplinary teams throughout the company as a subject matter expert in IaaS/PaaS/SaaS/Cloud with solution and implementation focus
- Advise on the refactoring and design of existing software to help increase its cloud relevancy.
- Represent the company technically to other business groups within Philips and as an ambassador between them and our own developments
- The New Business Solutions Software System Architect will work collaboratively to lead the design processes for system architectures of enterprise grade software products, solutions, and services utilizing cloud service technologies that meet aggressive fault tolerance and performance standards.
- The delivered system architectures shall provide:
- A balanced and technically feasible design that considers the requirements of all business stakeholders, technology landscapes, company strategy, and industry best practices.
- A scope and solution that aligns with the business roadmaps while providing the ability to evolve and adapt to emerging technology and market landscape changes throughout the lifecycle of the product or portfolio.
- The system architect shall demonstrate behaviors as follows:
- Define scope, design, and strategy in a clear and structured way which readily communicates architectures to stakeholders.
- Provide well defined building blocks along with options and scenarios that lead to choosing and implementing the optimal architecture in a risk-averse manner.
- Leverage appropriate technology to deliver products and services that meet business roadmaps.
- Ensure complete and up to date documentation of the architecture and implementation thereof.
- Drive an accepted implementation of architecture through continued coaching, mentoring, and communication with engineering teams
- The system architect shall possess the following competencies:
- Business acumen and political savvy
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Architectural vision and disciplined approach
- Documentation and modeling of architectures
- Influencing, networking, and negotiation skills
- Managing and leading through unknowns and uncertainties
Skills, Experience & Education Requirements include;
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field. Advanced degree highly preferred
- At least 10 years of experience in software development and/or systems architecture
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven ability to articulate and present a technical strategy to stakeholders
- Deep experience with distributed systems and asynchronous processing
- Deep experience with microservices architectures
- Relevant experience with Amazon Web Services and Cloud Foundry
- Working knowledge in Agile development, SAFe or Scrum preferred
- Cloud computing architecture, technical design and implementations including “right fit” leverage of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models
- Deep knowledge of cloud infrastructure components and experience with business continuity and long term data management in cloud environments
- Deep experience in Software design and development, Systems Operations / Management; Database architecture, Storage and IT Security
- Knowledge of Cloud Security design and architecture
- Virtualization and Containerization experience
- Experience with Continuous Delivery and Dark Launching practices
- Experience in the refactoring and design of preexisting software to help increase its cloud relevancy
- Skilled in Java, Spring, C#.Net, SteelToeOSS, Netflix OSS, or some variation of these skills
- MongoDB or relevant NoSQL technology
- Elastic Stack or relevant technology
- New Relic or relevant instrumentation & monitoring
- IT Automation and Infrastructure as Code
In return, we offer you
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!