Software Quality Engineer at GovernmentCIO
Software Quality Engineer
- Job Locations US-Remote
- Job ID 2020-2309
- # of Openings 1
- Category Information Technology
GovernmentCIO is seeking a qualified Software Quality Engineer to support the Veterans Legacy Memorial (VLM) Project as a Software Quality Engineer. The SQA Engineer will be involved in various aspects of the project supporting quality & automated testing, DevOps CI/CD Pipeline, and help institute other best practices supporting the Agile methodology.
The Software Quality Engineer will use their program coding and testing skills to help the developers enhance product performance. In addition, the Software Quality Engineer will support use of automation test software programs to set up test trails and preconditions to examine product functionality, content and user friendliness. The SQE will simulate product performance, evaluate results and compare those results with predicted outcomes. By using automation, it is expected the SQE can identify and document product problems or defects using bug tracking systems.
In support of process improvement, the SQE will review the current processes and recommend how better methodologies might be implemented to improve the Agile methodology currently under use within the project.
Aside from the testing, the SQE may also review product requirements and specifications in order to foresee potential issues, provide input of functional requirements and advise on design. Other duties include making suggestions to improve testing strategies, as well as using proper tools to create reports and presentations on defects.
Outcomes expected are working to test, analyze and improve product performance during development of software or applications. The SQE will work with other engineers and may advise on the design of the product. The SQE will support various VA required processes to include supporting the ATO needs, supporting the Technical Lead and Program Manager on other project improvement initiatives.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5 – 7 years monitoring, analyzing and supporting test software during development in order to ensure quality
- 5 – 7 years supporting the Veterans Affairs organization
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, programming, information technology or a similar field.
- Attention to detail with client focused experience.
- Strong communication skills and able to work independently with limited supervisor interaction.
- Highly analytical with exceptional problem solving skills
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!