Software Quality Assurance Engineer I
Location: US-Home Office/ Remote
# Positions: 1
Category: Information Technology – All Openings
Travel Requirements: None
Do you like to use your analytical skills to ensure that work is accurate and of high quality? If so, this may be the role for you! In this role you will primarily be responsible for ensuring that releases go to production defect free. You will analyze business and/or technical requirements and design documentation for use in the creation of test scenarios, test cases and test data. You also may assist in conducting quality reviews of junior or peer team members’ work assignments. You need to understand the use of test automation scripts and tools for test execution if available for the application or product. You must be able to analyze and triage all issues and defects. You will have Customer interactions to discuss project requirements and all test artifacts.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience.
- Has obtained a solid understanding of NASCO products and product implementations and can work independently within the product.
- Has obtained a solid understanding of Testing Automation, can review test automation results and is capable of identifying candidates of test cases to be included in test automation.
- Knowledge of insurance Industry.
- Knowledge of healthcare industry.
- Advance knowledge of ClearQuest with the ability to produce management reports.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, with advanced knowledge in Excel
- Knowledge of HIPAA.
- Knowledge of the system development lifecycle.
- Has obtained a solid understanding of testing methodology and testing tools utilized for Testing Services.
- Knowledge and understanding of business analysis methodology
- Skill in basic mathematical functions.
- Skill in learning new technologies and understanding system functionality.
- Skill in organization in order to plan, organize, and prioritize own workload as well as allocating work to other junior resources.
- Skill in analytical thinking.
- Interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to quickly learn processes and procedures in order to do the job.
- Ability to shift priorities and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate, in both written and verbal forms, including listening and reading comprehension.
- Ability to understand complex spreadsheets in order to fill out and complete test grids with test cases and test execution results.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to read and understand requirements document, scope and other product release documentation in order to support job responsibilities.
- Ability to understand flowcharts or data diagrams/mappings.
- Ability to triage some defects on own before turning over to the technical team.
- Ability to work an on-call schedule for Technical team when projects or CSRs load to Production.
- Ability to prioritize defects in order of importance based on customer’s business needs so that there is the least amount of negative impact to the customer.
- Self motivated in order to take initiative on projects.
- Quality-minded individual who has intrinsic drive to deliver high quality solutions and strong detail orientation.
Required Training and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related discipline OR equivalent work experience
- Certification from ISTQB both Foundational and the Advanced Test Analyst levels. Foundational + Advanced Test Analyst
NASCO is a Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Affirmative Action Employer.