Software Licensing and Commercialization Attorney at Cognizant
SOFTWARE LICENSING AND COMMERCIALIZATION ATTORNEY –
- DENVER, CO; DALLAS, TX OR REMOTE WORK SCENARIO
- Job ID: 00036993011
Cognizant is seeking a Director level in-house attorney to join our IP & Technology Transactions team within the Legal Department, preferably in the Denver or Dallas area but we will also consider candidates working remotely from other U.S. cities.
This attorney will support internal business and technical teams engaged in software and SaaS product development, commercialization, and deployment. The attorney in this role also will negotiate a wide range of technology transactions, including inbound and outbound software licenses, SaaS subscription agreements, strategic alliances, software OEM, and cloud services agreements to support Cognizant’s software and services offerings. Extensive experience in drafting, negotiating, and closing information technology agreements is required. He or she will also draft supplemental terms and conditions and augment company license and services templates for the deployment of software products and solutions.
General technology, open source software, and other intellectual property expertise is a plus. Solid, effective negotiation and relationship management skills are critical in this position. The person in this role will need to develop collaborative relationships with internal clients and colleagues.
Specific Job Responsibilities
Working with the other members of the Cognizant Legal Department, this attorney is responsible for the following:
- Review, draft and negotiate inbound and outbound software evaluation, license, SaaS, strategic alliance, reseller, support and cloud services agreements;
- Working closely with the business through the new product introduction and commercialization process, including performing IP due diligence, negotiating software OEM technology agreements, and developing commercial and licensing terms;
- Website and mobile application terms development and licensing support;
- Workflow process improvement, playbook development, training, and forms updating;
- Assisting commercial attorneys with IP and licensing terms in large-scale IT services agreements, including IT infrastructure, outsourcing, BPO and BPaaS contracts.
- Depending upon the candidate’s experience and interest, there may also be opportunities to assist with policy and process initiatives, open source software management, IP due diligence and integration for acquired companies, IP protection, and advising on IP matters in litigation.
The candidate must have a law degree from an accredited law school and a minimum of 10 years of experience negotiating complex license and technology transaction agreements. Other factors considered include:
- Strong legal drafting and negotiating skills;
- Experience protecting or enforcing intellectual property, including patents, trade secrets, and copyrights;
- Ability to counsel and support software product development teams through new product development and commercialization;
- Ability to prioritize objectives and manage workload;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Sound judgment and a team player attitude; and
- Combination of law-firm and in-house experience.
- Commitment to promoting an ethical workplace culture and supporting compliance processes and programs
Flexible on geographic location. All candidates required to be licensed or have in house licensure in the state in which they work.
Why choose Cognizant?
It takes a lot to succeed in today’s fast-paced market, and Cognizant Technology Solutions has become a leader in the industry. We love big ideas and even bigger dreams. We stand out because we put human experiences at the core.
Our strength is built on our ability to work together. Our diverse backgrounds offer different perspectives and new ways of thinking. It encourages lively discussions, inspires thought leadership, and helps us build better solutions for people. We want someone who thrives in this setting and is inspired to craft meaningful solutions through true collaboration.
If you are comfortable with ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we would love to hear from you.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action M/F/D/V
- Job Location: Denver, Colorado, United States || Anchorage, Alaska, United States
- Employee Status: Full-Time Employee
- Shift: Day Job
- Travel: No
- About Cognizant
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world’s leading professional services companies, transforming clients’ business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender, identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!