Software Engineering Lead Instructor at Pathrise
Software Engineering Lead Instructor / Part-Time
- REMOTE /
- PART-TIME – SOFTWARE ENGINEERING /
What is Pathrise?
Pathrise (YC W18) is an online program for tech professionals that provides 1-on-1 mentorship, training and advice to help anyone land their next job. On top of that, we’re built around aligned incentives. Fellows only pay when they get hired and start working at a job first.
Every day we are expanding our team and our services. We are looking for individuals who are ready to jump into a new role with us. We are a flourishing team and we really enjoy working together to improve our fellows chances of getting the jobs of their dreams! If this sounds like something you’d be interested we’d like the opportunity to get to know you more.
We seek to uplift job seekers in their careers and help them fulfill their hopes, ambitions, and livelihoods. Read more about why we’re driven to do this in our manifesto.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, Pathrise has 3x YoY growth with an 98% placement rate and with expanding tracks in various industries. Pathrise is positioned to grow even more in 2020! With over 500 fellows placed everywhere from FB, Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Uber to startups we are looking to expand our team in the Software Engineering space.
As a part time software engineering mentor, you will be responsible for fellow success by helping them develop their technical interviewing skills through a variety of online sessions. You will work cross-functionally with our career and software engineering mentors to provide up-to-date, relevant information to help our fellows not only pass interviews but gain confidence in their abilities!
- Provide 1-on-1 mentorship on your own schedule (minimum 7-10 hour commitment)
- Mentors will need to commit a few hours per week preparing materials, leveraging existing Pathrise curriculum content and responding to fellow’s emails
- Lead “kick-off sessions”, talking with new fellows in a consultative way; learning about their job search, career aspirations and challenges with technical interviews and providing insight and support.
- Guide fellows through both technical aspects of the job search, such as Algorithm / Data Structure interviews, discussing technical accomplishments of their backgrounds, and more
- If interest and business demands you can join in on leading workshops, helping with curriculum and more as a Software Engineering Pro-Mentor
- You are excited at the chance to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of the newest generation of Software Engineers.
- You have a good understanding of the current requirements of SWE, interviewing standards, have interviewed SWE candidates and/or sat on hiring committees before
- You have at least 3 years of software engineering experience (prior teaching experience a plus)
- You have fluency some of the following topics, and expertise in at least one: Algorithms Data Structures, System Design, Full-Stack Development, Backend, Frontend, Mobile Development, Gaming, Security, Machine Learning, Embedded Programming, and Hardware
- Adept at giving code reviews and interest in leading technical workshops for upwards of 50 fellows!!
What’s in it for You?
- Be a mentor to individuals who want to break into or accelerate their career in the SWE space
- Build relationships with fellows and really make a difference to their careers and lives!
- Flexible schedule and remote work
- Be a part of a really fun and mission driven organization!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!