Software Engineer, Research Product Team at Kuali
Software Engineer, Research Product Team
- Remote, United States
- Full time
Who are we?
Kuali builds software solutions for higher education. We help our customers colleges & universities focus on providing a fantastic education to students by decreasing their administrative costs. We work in a competitive space, ripe for innovation, with users ready to be delighted.
As a company, we are guided by our cultural values:
- Iterate to evolve
- Cultivate openness
- Act with accountability
- Assume the best
- Practice humility
- Deliver amazing experiences
- Make mistakes
As Kuali engineers, we learn from and teach each other, we practice transparency and empathy, and we delight in delivering value to our customers.
We work remotely, and have for years. Distributed work is in our bones, with a history of institutions working across state lines on open-source software for more than ten years. Our employees each work in the environment where theyre happiest, from Pennsylvania to Hawaii. We work consciously to create a collaborative and healthy remote work culture, and we travel to meet in person a few times each year.
Everyone should love their work.
Kuali has been voted a top place to work for 3 years in a row by the Salt Lake Tribune. We also made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Startup Employers for 2020. Not too shabby.
Your product team
You will work closely with product, design, and our customers on the Kuali Research product. Our Research product guides and supports our customers through the ever-changing landscape of regulations, policies, and evolving guidelines so researchers can focus on the work of innovation.
- Have 3+ years experience building software or web applications with object-oriented or functional programming languages.
- Are willing to work on web applications on both the front- and back-end.
- Understand how to build solutions with an agile approach. Youre excited to collaborate closely with Product Managers and Designers and use real-time feedback to solve problems iteratively.
- Are interested in using a test-heavy approach to solve problems and innovate (Test-Driven Development).
We’d be delighted if you bring experience with:
- Shipping Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions
- Incremental refactoring efforts
- One or more of these technologies: React, Java, Kotlin, Node, MongoDB, Rails
- The Higher Education community
- Research Administration Systems
- Top-of-the-line equipment of your choice to get your job done
- A truly exceptional benefits package including full premium coverage for employee and dependent medical and dental care
- 401(k) matching
- Employee profit sharing
- Paid Maternity/Parental leave
- All the paid time off you need (just work it out with your manager)
- Allowance for continuing education, conferences, and/or training
- Space to work on self-driven projects during quarterly hack weeks
- Employee resource groups and community events
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!