Software Engineer – React, React Native, Node at Echobind
Software Engineer (React, React Native, Node)
- Boston, Massachusetts, United States
- Full time
Echobind is a full-service agency bringing together the best of web and mobile experts to design and built software applications. We are looking for a mid-level Software Engineer who is eager to apply their knowledge and hone their craft, and who wants to play a part in the future of Echobind. You should have proven experience with React, React Native, or Node, and a desire to level-up your skills and those of your coworkers.
Things you’ll do:
- Work on a range of ambitious projects.
- Work with interesting technologies including React Native, GraphQL, TypeScript, Next.js, Serverless, and Node.
- Help shape our development team and best practices.
- Write content based on your learning and experiences.
- Interface directly with our team and clients.
Things we’d like you to do:
- Bring your unique passion and perspective to our team.
- Be involved with a local meetup group (or help create one!).
- Contribute to open source.
- Demonstrated proficiency in React, React Native, and/or Node.
- Experience upgrading React and/or React Native apps.
- If you have React Native experience, be able to show apps you’ve worked on that are in the App Store and Google Play.
- Knowledge of beta and production deployment processes and how they relate to web, the App Store and Google Play.
- If you have React Native experience, be able to explain provisioning profiles and code signing.
- Demonstrated ability to write well-tested, clear, and documented code.
- Understand modern CSS.
- Ability to prioritize and self-manage. We give our developers autonomy and don’t want to micromanage you.
- Excellent communication skills. We expect you to talk directly with clients frequently.
- Be a good human to your coworkers and our clients.
- Be willing to coach teams you work with on best practices and approaches.
- Question and suggest improvements in workflow, scope or design. You aren’t a “code monkey”.
- Be comfortable and happy working remotely. While we’re a distributed team, you must be located in the continental US and legally able to work in the US.
We’d love it if you:
- Can work across the stack. If you have deep expertise in Web, Mobile, or API work, we’ll help round out your skillset.
- Have experience designing APIs and relational databases.
- Have experience with styled-components, emotion, Chakra UI, etc.
- Have experience with Fastlane.
- Have native iOS or Android experience.
- Are interested or have prior experience speaking at conferences or participating in virtual events.
Echobind’s work comes from a group of human beings who have different perspectives, backgrounds, educations, lifestyles, and leanings. Our work is better because of these differences, not in spite of them. Echobind is happily an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We’ll always welcome people to apply with us regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
- Competitive salary + annual bonus.
- Dedicated to “investment time”. This is our way to investment in projects that will make you and the agency better.
- Fully covered Dental, Health and Vision benefits.
- 401k program with company matching (4%)
- Employee Assistance Program. (Wellness Resources, Work and Life Counseling, and Legal Services).
- Four (4) weeks paid vacation.
- Three (3) weeks paid leave for any new parent plus three (3) additional time if you give birth or adopt.
- New computer setup of your choice.
- Annual home office stipend to upgrade your workspace.
- Ability to work from anywhere in the US with a fast and reliable internet connection.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!