This flexible job from a trusted partner may require you to register with a state workforce organization prior to viewing/applying to the job.
Software Engineer – Public Health
- Job Code Number: 9557256
- Altarum Institute
- # Positions: 1
- Location: US-MI-Ann Arbor
- Category: Current Opening
Altarum Institute, a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization serving government and private sector clients, is pleased to announce an opening for a software engineer within the Center for Connected Health located in Ann Arbor, MI. The Center for Connected Health advances population health management and healthcare delivery through the development of novel applications and health information exchange and interoperability solutions.
As a software engineer at Altarum, you will have the opportunity to make important software and web development contributions to multiple healthcare projects such as java based web applications for public health, clinical decision support tools, EHR integration, and mobile applications. You’ll report to a Center Director, and work in an Agile environment alongside a team of Software Developers, Business Analysts, and Public Health Analysts.
Currently, we are looking for full-stack java developers who are experienced in Hibernate, Angular2, Oracle and/or Postgres, and XML/XSLT. This position can be based in Ann Arbor, MI or Portland, ME. We are currently looking for applicants who live in in proximity of either office, or can work remotely in the US.
- UX/UI development
- Integration / interface work using XML and FHIR
- Optimize the web front end for maximum speed and scalability
- While maintaining current production code, you must demonstrate a willingness to step into new roles and learn new technologies quickly
- Be innovative and share ideas as we evaluate new or alternative data processing techniques to determine their usefulness in meeting project needs and deadlines
- BS or MS degree in computer science; 2+ years of experience working on Java applications, strong knowledge of Object Orientated Programming, and experience with multiple databases.
- Enjoy working with a dynamic team, flexible and possess a good foundation of software development skills.
- Experience working with database, Java, Responsive design, Cross-browser, cross-platform, cross-device functionality other web technologies like PHP, ASP, VB, JSP, etc.) is highly desired
- Experience with design and implementation of sites, workflows and dashboards
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and a quick learner. You should have a broad base of software development experience, and be interested in continuing to grow technically via hands on experience and learning
Altarum Institute (Altarum) is a nonprofit organization headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Altarum serves the public good by solving complex systems problems to improve human health. Altarum creates and implements solutions to advance health among vulnerable and publicly-insured populations. Public sector clients include the U.S. Department of Defense, Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Agriculture, Department of Veterans Affairs, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, and various state agencies nationwide. Altarum also serves clients in the philanthropic and private sectors. Areas of expertise include health data and analytics; value-based care; public health systems design, development and information exchange; behavioral health and substance use disorders; childhood and adolescent health; medical education; food and nutrition; consumer engagement; elder care; health disparities and equity; and military and veterans’ health.