Software Engineer – Marketing Engineering at Yelp
REMOTE – US
ENGINEERING AND PRODUCT – ENGINEERING
- Yelp connects people with great local businesses, and local businesses know it.
- More than 163,000 businesses subscribe to Yelp’s advertising and page upgrade products today, and those happy customers account for the majority of our current revenue.
- However, local business advertising is still a rapidly growing market, and there are millions of business owners who aren’t customers yet. That’s where you come in.
- We’re looking for Engineers who are interested in growing Yelps revenue through working on tools for our fast-paced Marketing teams.
- By building out a robust marketing automation platform to increase the marketing org productivity, our teams directly impact the bottom line.
- Our systems help our Marketers make the decision on when, how, and who of our millions of users to reach out to.
- Yelp engineering culture is driven by our values: we’re a cooperative team that values individual authenticity and encourages “unboring” solutions to problems.
- New hires are expected to deploy working code their first week, and your impact will only grow from there with the support of your manager, mentor, and team.
- At the end of the day, we are all about helping our users, growing as engineers, and having fun in a collaborative environment.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience
- Mastery of at least one programming language – Python, Java, C#, C/C++ etc.
- Proven SQL knowledge
- A craving for new knowledge and challenges
- If you don’t have at least one year of experience in a similar role, please take a look at our College Engineering roles instead!
- Experience working on or building marketing platforms
- Experience working with data streaming tools: Kafka, Spark, etc.
- Love of Python
- Comfortable working in a Unix environment
- Experience working with test automation
- Excitement about the challenges of scalability and performance
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!