Software Engineer – Integrations at TaxJar
Title: Software Engineer, Integrations
Location: Remote – US
TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 20,000 businesses. Our mission is to make e-commerce easier for everyone.
We stand by our core values in everything we do:
- We know that we’re better together
- We are always learning and growing
- We shape our own destiny
- We build relationships that matter
TaxJar’s remote-only team of 240+ people is growing fast. Our team has an opening for a Software Engineer, Integrations position. There are so many lousy job descriptions for engineers in the world, we’re writing down what we’re looking for in hopes that this person (you?) is out there.
- You understand that communication is the biggest responsibility of your job, and the one you’re least likely to get right unless you focus on it
- When you take on a task whether it’s huge and scary or tiny and boring, you’re going to see it through to the best of your ability
- You focus on building and shipping software that matters to your users and that matters to the company you’re building it for
- You are confident with a number of programming languages, operating systems, and architectures. You probably have one of each you prefer right now, but you’re neither dogmatic nor myopic in your focus on it
A day in the life
- Build out exciting new features in our multi-channel data pipeline
- Improve integration performance for high volume businesses
- Improve our development, testing, and deployment processes for integrations
- Review and test your teammates’ pull requests
- Assist the Customer Success team with highly technical issues
- Contribute to a high performing team in a collaborative work environment
You’ll be a great add to the team if you have .
- 2+ Years of experience as a software Engineer
- You’re excited to build extensions, plugins, and apps on a variety of new platforms and languages
- Professional development experience building integrations for payments, ecommerce, and ERP solutions
- Write code that is maintainable, readable, and follows standards / best practices
- Accountable for the code you deliver to production
- Manage development tasks from assignment through to production
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Passion for building simple and intuitive solutions for complex problems in eCommerce
- Have remote communication down pat (chat, video, email, etc)
You’ll love TaxJar if you .
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Are hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
TaxJar is a human-first company.
People are accepted and free to be who they are.
We embrace that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are essential sources of creativity and innovation that bring a richness of thinking and experience to the work that is celebrated at TaxJar. Simply put, we care. We will always put people – our team and our customers – first, by supporting our people to do their best work building products our customers love.
Our formula is simple. We believe we have an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. This means we empower our team to do the right thing for each other and for our customers, and we do the right thing, even when it’s harder. We’ve built a team based on trust, that endeavors to maximize our team members’ individual talents so our workplace creates a sense of meaning and belonging for everyone.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!