Software Engineer in Test at Rev
Title: Software Engineer in Test
- Location: Austin, TX; San Francisco, CA; USA, Remote
About the Position
Rev QA Engineers are expected to do more than just test code. They are expected to become experts on the problems facing our users, produce great ideas, and play an integral part in delivering a high-quality product.
We are looking for a Software Engineer In Test who will act as a technical resource for the larger QA team and help scale the technical tool stack we use to test the highest quality software. You will perform all aspects of testing, and provide mentorship, retaining and promoting collaborative culture at Rev. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you!
- Develop and run effective tests to ensure product stability and performance
- Develop and maintain an existing Java-based automation framework
- Continuously improve frameworks through refactoring and evaluating potential libraries
- Be an expert using Webdriver
- Be familiar with the Page Object Model
- Be a mentor and resource for team members working with automation
- Support and educate developers interacting with the framework
- Embed in teams whose goal is to provide valuable working software to our customers.
- Identify critical bottlenecks in development
- Communicate with product and engineering on a daily basis
- Possess a solid knowledge of QA methodologies and tools
- Have knowledge and experience with the latest and greatest test frameworks for automation
- Are proficient in Java, especially JDK 8+
- Believe that design patterns belong in test code
- Consider test code as part of the source code
- Have experience using Selenium WebDriver using Java
- Have been a mentor to other team members
- Thrive working in startup environments and cultures
- Are a self-starter
- Have a proven track record of creating, writing and running a variety of tests
- Can spot flaws and inconsistencies
- Are detail-oriented and have the ability to analyze complicated data sets
- A strong propensity for research and investigation
*We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!