Software Engineer III at Ladders
Software Engineer III
- REMOTE /
- ENGINEERING /
Ladders is the home for $100K+ careers. We focus on the careers, professional growth and office lifestyle of the top 25% of the workforce. With Ladders News, we provide the information and entertainment that our audience needs for lifelong career success, while Ladders Jobs is the largest source for $100K+ jobs in the US and Canada. Our mission is to “lead the leaders” — our 10 million members represent the leading people in their companies, their communities, and their profession.
Ladders is actively recruiting Software Engineers. We are looking for talented individuals who can lead by example, promote technical craftsmanship, and grow the team both by abilities and head count. From product conceptualization to engineering implementation you will have deep impact in our engineering-led organization. We currently deploy Clojure, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Redis, Kubernetes, and MariaDB on the back end, and React and Redux on the front end, but we value all applicants who have a deep understanding of web technologies and an eagerness to expand their skill set.
This role is remote-first. We are actively seeking people who have had success working remotely. Even after we come back to our office space post pandemic, working in our office will be 100% optional. We only require Eastern Time working hours.
- Lead junior engineers and designers to provide strong stakeholder focused experiences
- Practice and promote craftsmanship in software engineering (testing, code reviews, documentation, scalability, performance, etc.)
- Own long-term impacts of key design decisions and balance technical debt with business needs
- Break down requirements, estimate tasks, and assist in planning roadmap accurately
- Develop iterative solutions to address expansive product goals
- Grow engineering teams through mentorship, recruiting, and interviewing
- Focus on team over individual achievements
- Lead definition of team objectives and drive team towards them
- Experience with a variety of languages, stacks, and programming paradigms
- Ability to collaborate cross functionally with non-engineering departments
- Deep knowledge of design patterns and algorithms
- Architected non-trivial solutions for a company at scale
- Capability to contribute across a typical web stack
- Curious, self-motivated, and an empathetic drive to solve problems
- Project/Product management experience
- Experience working with Clojure
- Experience with Machine Learning/Data Science
- Previous experience working in a startup environment
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!