Software Engineer II at Ellevest
Title: Software Engineer II
- Location: Remote (United States)
About This Position
As a Software Engineer with Ellevest, you will work to design, build, and support many of the core systems powering Ellevest’s software and user experience, from our marketing site to our cash flow and transaction libraries, to our financial computation engine, our engineering team is at the heart of our organization, ensuring a best in class experience for our clients. We follow agile methodologies and on a day-to-day basis leverage React, Ruby and Rails, MySQL, and Redis, among others. Our systems run on a modern AWS stack supported by exciting new technologies, and our entire backend team works in a highly collaborative, flexible structure to build towards high impact client facing outcomes.
As a member of our Technical Platforms team you will help to increase the efficiency of the broader engineering organization by solving high impact internal and client facing problems, including aspects of both DevOps and Application development. You’ll work with the team to iterate on existing technologies and internal tools and processes to eliminate risk as our team scales to meet the growing demands of the business.
This is a remote position, and you will be working under the direction of one of our Engineering Managers within the Engineering organization.
- Code in a collaborative, agile environment developing many new features
- Write well-tested, clean code and review other team members’ contributions
- Work in tandem with senior team members to maintain and improve Ellevest’s infrastructure
- Help scale our platforms, tools and processes
- Make systematic changes to improve team speed and our automated processe
- At least 3 years of professional software engineering experience
- Experience supporting and scaling consumer-facing web applications
- Experience working with cloud providers, such as Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform
- An understanding of DevOps solutions or architecture patterns preferred
- Ruby experience a plus
- Flexible schedule, vacation, and paid time off
- Work from anywhere
- Regular team events
- Annual stipend for professional development
- Voluntelle committee and volunteer opportunities
- Working with an incredibly smart, diverse, mission-driven team
- Comprehensive medical, dental & vision insurance
- Paid parental leave for all new parents
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- 401(k) plan
- Life & disability coverage
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!