Software Engineer – Frontend at Ubiquity6
Software Engineer – Frontend
- San Francisco, Toronto, or Anywhere
At Ubiquity6, we are embarking on a new journey. A journey that sees us building a whole new way to feel together, apart. One that allows friends and family to connect, to find cherished moments regardless of distance, all while sharing in a wide variety of playful experiences.
We’re hiring a Senior Front End engineer who will help design and implement a product from scratch that will bring people together and facilitate joyful experiences. You’ll work with the design, infrastructure, and gameplay teams to help engage the user through high quality video and gaming experiences.
We are looking for a highly experienced front end / full stack engineer to be part of the team that will take our proven prototype and turn it into a go-to-market ready mass consumer application. You’ll architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications, and scale with us as we grow.
You are skilled at solving the most difficult technical challenges and are interested in implementing quality improvements to make an application suited for the end-user’s needs.
- 6+ years experience building consumer-focused applications across both front end and back end
- Strong architecture and system design skills; well-versed in complex web design systems.
- Comfort working in React
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS (LESS/SASS)
- Experience using creative methods to optimize front end performance
- Comfortable with modern React tooling like ES6 and babel/webpack
- Strong ability to evaluate and analyse tradeoffs between implementation time, maintainability, and impact
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience working in a startup or high-growth environment
- Interest in the gaming or social space; you’re personally passionate about bringing people together
- You have a deep entrepreneurial spirit and a “founder’s mindset” that drives your work’s quality and impact
- You have a positive attitude and can roll with the constant change of a growing startup
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!