Software Engineer – Frontend
Engineering & Product Management
Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We’re headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We’re looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
About the Role
Here at Imperfect, we are all about groceries on a mission. Since 2015, our services have saved over 40M lbs of food, 1.2B gallons of water, and 110M lbs CO2, while donating 3M lbs of food along the way. Our software engineering team builds the eCommerce platform and internal tooling that makes this all possible. The team partners closely with product management to develop features, solutions, and systems that enhance and transform the user experience. Engineers don’t just build widgets — we participate in the full lifecycle of a feature, from conception to release. We’re a remote-first team, with members located throughout the US. This role will report to the Head of Engineering and can be remotely located within US time zones.
If preventing food waste, owning the full product engineering lifecycle, and working daily with a bunch of pleasant people excites you, come join us!
- Collaborate with other engineers and designers to provide strong customer-focused experiences
- Prototype quickly to test out new ideas and experiments
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, and writing maintainable code)
- Actively contribute to team and company standards
- Ensure the reliability of systems essential to Imperfect customers and internal users
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technology developments in your area(s) of expertise
- For more senior applicants, mentor junior team members
Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years of professionally building production-grade, large-scale web software
- Highly adept with asynchronous application logic to fetch data from APIs
- Full knowledge of the DOM, new HTML5 constructs, and CSS3
- Bonus: interest and skill in working with server-side NodeJS and/or F#
- Bonus: experience with or interest in accessibility
- Full-time exempt position
- Candidate can be remotely located within US time zones
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
Details of Position:
- Sedentary work; involves sitting most of the time
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
- Standing desks and / or other ergonomic accommodation is available upon request
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.