Software Engineer, Application (HQ or Remote)
- Technology / Data Analytics
- Bethesda, MD, USA
Founded in 2014, Aledade is a healthcare company funded by Venrock, ARCH Venture Partners, Biomatics Capital and Google Ventures. We help independent primary care physicians deliver better care at lower cost by supporting their transition to value-based care for their Medicare and commercial patient populations. Our rapidly expanding national network includes more than 1,400 primary care physicians and 330,000 patients, with $2.5B in annual medical spending under management.
In 2018, powered by a diverse, dynamic, passionate team of more than 200 employees who are committed to changing healthcare in America, Aledade was named a Washington Post Top Workplace in 2018 and was also selected as a finalist for the Top 50 in Digital Health’s Fastest Growing Company. We are led by our CEO and Co-Founder, Farzad Mostashari who was named as one of 100 Most Influential People in Healthcare in 2018 by Modern Healthcare.
A software engineer on the Aledade App team is primarily responsible for maintaining, improving, and expanding our existing web application. We’re looking for our engineers to be self-starting, and proactive; they are expected to serve as a trusted resource on the business logic in place as well as our system architecture. They are expected to work collaboratively, with minimal supervision, to ensure our application meets project requirements and scalability needs.
Aledade headquarters are located in Bethesda, MD. However, we are an inherently distributed company, and many of our employees, including the tech team, work remotely.
- Demonstrated experience solving for business value, both short and long-term
- Minimum 4+ years experience working in complex domains and systems
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
- Must have the ability to work with the existing application, built on AngularJS (1.6), Flask (Python 3.5) and PostgreSQL.
- Have the ability to write well-designed, well-tested, well-documented code.
- Think ahead and anticipate scalability and performance concerns.
- Provide thorough pull request reviews for other developers and be receptive to critical feedback on your own work.
- Participate in cross-functional projects with employees from other teams. Help to define project requirements, and work to meet those requirements.
- You are a creator with a desire to develop products that positively impact patient health.
- You want to be involved in all stages of product design and development, from development of the MVP through architecting and building a light-weight, scalable production system.
- You have experience across some or all of our stack (Python / Angular / PostgreSQL).
- You have a passion and proven track record for creating robust, scalable web applications.
- You are motivated by solving challenging technical problems.
- Bachelor’s degree, or work equivalent, in software engineering, computer science, mathematics or related field
- 1 plus years of experience working with data, analyzing data and understanding data
- 1 plus years of experience working with relational databases or large multi-table data sets
- Familiarity with SQL or other relational database querying language, whether used in your job or learned on your own
- Working knowledge of relational database systems
- Competency with Linux or another Unix variant