Software Engineer, XRP Ledger
Ripple is growing rapidly and we are looking for hands-on Software Engineers to help build the Internet of Value.
As a Software Engineer on the XRP Ledger team at Ripple, you will contribute to the open source developer ecosystem around the XRP Ledger and seek to expand and improve existing tools and libraries. You will also develop code samples and tools that showcase the ledger and its functionality.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work with a small, talented, cross-functional team to translate developer needs into new features and capabilities
- Create and maintain tools that can help reduce integration times, and improve the quality and value of developer integrations
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes; prioritize maintainable code and automated testing
- Write reference implementations, sample code and other educational content to help developers to build on the XRP Ledger
- Drive innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development
- Own features throughout their lifecycle, from inception to supporting production
- Lead and contribute to hackathons, conferences and other developer-oriented events
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Experience in designing, developing, and delivering software end-to-end, using standards like REST, OAuth, and JSON
- A passion for developing well-architected, reliable web services with a small, highly focused team
- A track record of pursuing self-directed side projects, research, or open source projects
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Comfortable acting as the technical subject matter expert: mentoring fellow engineers, demonstrating technical expertise, and working in a small team solving challenging programming and design problems
- Ability to work cross-functionally with various teams including: product management, QA, integration, and other engineering teams
- Passion for digital currency and blockchain technologies
- Experience with multiple programming languages, like Java, Python, Ruby, or C#
- Experience developing distributed systems and components
- You know what a good API looks like and you’ve built one
- You love working on open source software projects
- You want to help make the Internet of Value a reality
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), fully paid parental leave, commuter benefits
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy – work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting – ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple provides one frictionless experience to send money globally using the power of blockchain. By joining Ripple’s growing, global network (RippleNet), financial institutions can process their customers’ payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets.
With offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore and Sydney, Ripple has more than 200 customers around the world.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.