Software Engineer (remote or SF Bay Area)
ENGINEERING & PRODUCT MANAGEMENT
Imperfect is on a mission to reduce food waste and to make healthy food more affordable, accessible, and convenient. We source food directly from farms and producers, which would often otherwise go to waste and deliver it to customers’ doors for an average of 30% less than grocery store prices. Since our start in 2015, our customers have saved millions of pounds of food from going to waste.
Imperfect is more than just a grocery box! In everything we do, we bring an appetite, lead with heart, embrace imperfection, and work to grow the movement. We aim to cultivate sustainable environments everywhere we go–whether in the office, warehouse, or field. By working at Imperfect, you’re helping build a more sustainable and effective food system. You’re helping fight food waste. You’re ensuring farmers are rewarded for their full harvest. You’re improving access to healthy food in food deserts. With each curvy cucumber and scarred almond, you’re helping shape our world for the better.
We’re headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We’re looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
About the Role:
At Imperfect we are all about groceries on a mission. We are seeking a talented and experienced Software Engineer to join our growing and dynamic engineering team; as we enrich and build out delightful shopping experiences for our customers. Imperfect delivers healthy, affordable, and delicious groceries to your door while reducing food waste and building a more effective and sustainable food system.
As a Software Engineer at Imperfect, you’ll work on large scale serving and search infrastructures with a fast paced collaborative engineering team. The team partners closely with product management and UX designers to develop features, solutions, and systems that enhance and transform user experience. Are you passionate about software development, sharing knowledge, expanding your skills, and working with great people? The Imperfect Engineering team is growing, and we’re hiring extraordinary engineers who enjoy building robust and elegant software to engage users both internally and externally.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Skills and Qualifications:
- 4+ years of software engineering experience in production environments
- Proficiency working with SPA (single page app), API’s, microservice architecture, and 3rd-party integrations
- Strong background with with F#, .NET, and related developer environments
- Ability to navigate more than one programming language is ideal such as: Node.js, F#, Python, Go, .NET
- Knowledge of Postgres, CircleCI, Docker, Github
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)-based architecture and micro-services platforms
- Other aspect of our tech stack include: (Rabbit MQ, Circle CI, EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, Kinesis, Lambda
- Self starter, should be comfortable taking projects from idea to completion
- You love experiments, thoughtful about designing them, passionate about implementing them, and rigorous about evaluating them
- You are happy to question assumptions and test theories
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaborate
Details of Position:
- Full-time, exempt position
- Salary and stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package includes health care, vacation days, 401k, and a $50 monthly credit towards your Imperfect box!
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.