Software Engineer – React
INDIANAPOLIS, RALEIGH/DURHAM, SALT LAKE CITY
ENGINEERING – PRECISION HEALTH CLOUD
We’re looking for a talented front-end engineer to join our Precision Health Cloud team. At LifeOmic, you’ll get to take features from concept to delivery using cutting-edge web technologies like React, Redux, Apollo and GraphQL. And you’ll have the opportunity to shape our future technology choices as well – we are passionate about building quality software and sharing better ways of doing things across the team.
Because we are a small development team at an early-stage startup, you will be expected to work independently. But you’ll have a team of high performers to lean on when you come across a tough architecture challenge or a maddening CSS quirk. We also participate heavily in open source, so you’ll be able to share much of your work externally and improve the software community as a whole.
Our work gives healthcare providers the data and insights they need to drive better health outcomes. If you want to build great software for a great cause, we hope you’ll join us.
We’d love to find someone who can:
- Build user interfaces against REST APIs with React or a similar front-end framework like Angular, Vue or Ember
- Collaborate with backend engineers to create and evolve new REST API endpoints
- Use continuous delivery to ship incremental improvements many times per week
- Participate in code reviews to spot issues around architecture, performance, security, and more
Bonus points if you:
- Aren’t afraid to write some NodeJS code if a feature calls for it, or you’ve worked with similar technologies like Python/Django or Ruby on Rails
- Have submitted issues or pull requests to an open source project
- Have data visualization experience with a tool like Plotly, D3.js, or Highcharts
Perks and benefits
- Flexible hours / work from home when needed
- Health insurance – medical, dental, life, disability
- Equity in a high-growth startup
- Professional development opportunities, such as conferences and on-site training
- Unlimited PTO
- A downtown office that’s walking distance from Quills, Burgerhaus, Bearcats and more.
- Whatever gear you need to be successful – a shiny new computer, quiet office, headphones, a fancy standing desk, etc
This role can be based in Indianapolis, Raleigh-Durham or Salt Lake City. Relocation assistance can be provided based on qualifications. We are also open to remote for an exceptional candidate.
We are unable to sponsor visas at this time. No recruiters, please.