Title: Software Engineer
Location: United States
Cherwell (@Cherwell) empowers organizations to transform their business through the rapid adoption and easy management of digital services. Cherwell’s adaptable platform has enabled thousands of organizations to modernize their business operations with customizable service management, automation, and reporting across the enterprise. Friction makes work slow and frustrating Cherwell helps organizations achieve meaningful and measurable digital service transformation, faster.
We are looking for an Software Engineer to join our team in Colorado, Seattle, or work remote in the US.
Who Will Love This Job
- A team player: You collaborate with other team members to solve problems and work together to achieve deadlines and departmental goals.
- A learner: You learn quickly and maintain a diverse workload in a fast-paced environment.
- A problem solver: You use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. You probe all fruitful sources for answers and you can see hidden problems. You look beyond the obvious and you don’t stop at the first answer.
- A smart cookie: You are bright and intelligent. You deal with concepts and complexity comfortably. People describe you as intellectually sharp, capable and agile.
- Someone who is action-oriented: You enjoy working hard! You enjoy working hard! You are motivated to learn more about things you find challenging. You are not afraid of acting quickly and you are willing to jump on problems quickly.
What You’ll Do
The Software Engineer has a broad array of interests, someone who is willing to write SQL queries one day, business logic in C# the next, and debug some CSS after that. The ASE leverages good design and coding principles, has a hunger for learning new things, can think abstractly and knows how to get things done in collaborative, cross-functional teams. The ASE has experience going through product release cycles, knows how to debug challenging issues, and simply writes solid code in collaboration within an experienced development team.
What You Should Have
- Two years minimum working on multi-tier, commercial enterprise software applications
- Experience shipping products based on the Microsoft stack
- Hands-on experience using Microsoft technologies: .NET, C#, SQL Server
- Proven commitment to test-driven software development
- Excellent communication/collaboration skills
- Solid application of modern design principles (OOP, patterns, etc.)
- Ability to translate product requirements into working solutions
- Experience/willingness to work with Scrum/Kanban teams in an Agile environment
- Experience with source code version control
Nice to Have
- Experience with web application development, both client and server-side Experience with Git or other DVCS
- Experience authoring multi lingual/culturally aware applications
- Skills with container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes) and cloud dev services (AWS, Azure)
- You like working with intelligent and driven colleagues
- You enjoy bringing order from chaos
- You are constantly challenging yourself to bring positive impact to those around you
- You would enjoy working for a fast-growing software company
- You share our enthusiasm for a fast-paced work environment and a passion to pursue others’ success as strongly as our own.
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including health, dental, vision, and other benefits
- PTO plan to provide work-life balance
- 401(k) with employer matching program
- Commuter perks for some locations
- Paid community service day and philanthropy projects
- Our work environments vary by location; however, we believe in offering amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, standing/sitting desks, free onsite gym, basketball and volleyball courts, ping pong, videogames, shuffleboard, and darts.
- Fun group competitions and team outings
Cherwell Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. We do not tolerate discrimination against any applicant on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability or age. Cherwell encourages diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions in the US, please send an email with your request to Recruiting@Cherwell.com.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Cherwell Software prior to having a signed agreement from Cherwell’s Talent Acquisition department. Cherwell is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its prior-approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without a written signed agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Cherwell and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention. Thank you.