Software Engineer at GitBook
- PRODUCT & ENGINEERING
GitBook is a modern documentation platform sustained by some of the best SaaS europeans VCs (Point 9 Capital, Notion Capital, Fly VC). Our ambition is to empower team’s intelligence. We want to help teams work more efficiently by creating a single place to leverage their knowledge.
GitBook is now used by over 1M users and thousands of teams such as Adobe, Netflix, Decathlon, or Google. We’re working on a next product step to redefine “core team work” and we’re looking for a Software Engineer (working remotely) to join our team and help us achieve on our ambition.
What will you be doing ?
Part of our Product & Engineering team, as a Software Engineer your daily mission will include:
- You’ll implement new features and services to help millions of users who rely on us. Both by working on our backend, but also on end-to-end features.
- You’ll help scale GitBook to better serve hundreds of millions of page views and edits.
- You’ll improve the performance and reliability of our application and backend, like our databases, APIs or realtime backend.
- You’ll work to make GitBook a robust and secure solution for all of our users.
What technical stack will you be working on ?
We’re working on a server-less architecture (using Firebase and Google Cloud services) in NodeJS and React (both in Typescript).
You will be valued for :
- your technical expertise, as you already have experience developing a web application that scaled to millions of users.
- your engineering experience, as you have a strong understanding of how a web application is built and delivered to end-users, being comfortable with topics such as performance optimisation, data synchronisation, and caching. Your experience in application monitoring and debugging will also be valued and it will be an added plus if you have experience with server-less infrastructure.
- your product-oriented mindset – you are not only focused on technical and engineering aspects but you also keep in mind that we’re building a product to solve our users’ pain-points.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!