Software Engineer at Facebook
- Remote, US Western, Mountain & Central Regions
WhatsApp is actively seeking Software Engineers to build the best-in-industry audio and video calling experience for WhatsApp’s over 2 billion users around the world. We are looking for software engineers who have a passion for connecting people across world in real time and further improving that user experience through great engineering work. As a member of the fast growing WhatsApp VoIP team, you would be responsible for working on voice and video call quality through optimizing use of audio, video and networking and/or working on features and platforms on which WhatsApp Calling will be enabled.
Software Engineer Responsibilities
- Experience in writing code in C/C++ with medium to high proficiency
- Experience working with low-level systems
- Experience with constraints around CPU performance, multi-threading, memory usage
- Experience working with low-level networking and socket programming
- Knowledge and experience with video codecs and modern video codec standards like H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, VP8, VP9
- Knowledge and experience with audio codecs(Opus), audio pipeline
- Knowledge and experience with audio signal processing: Echo Cancellation, Noise Suppression and Automatic Gain Control
- Experience using or optimizing media (video or audio) in a real-time or streaming use-case
- Experience with networking algorithm development: bandwidth estimation, congestion control, packet loss concealment
- Experience with any of mobile or desktop platforms like Android, iOS, Windows or Mac
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we’re just getting started.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!