Software Engineer at Bright Health
Software Engineer – Enablement Team (Remote)
- TECHNOLOGY – CONSUMER PLATFORM
Software Engineers spend most of their time hands-on in the creation, feature development, and subsequent maintenance of Bright Health properties. Additionally, talent at all levels will play a role in building and maintaining a culture which focuses on making sure every engineer progresses in their career in line with personal goals/expectations.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to build and implement solutions for Bright Health’s digital properties
- Create responsive websites and applications using agreed upon frameworks/technologies
- Work with designers to maintain UI/UX standards
- Work on all aspects of our product stack from UI to API to data to infrastructure
- Stay on top of bug and task management (Jira or similar experience a plus)
- Help debug issues and pair program with other engineers
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related field preferred
- Two (2) or more years of software development experience and/or a reviewable portfolio of work required
- Preferred experience building/maintaining consumer facing products
- Preferred experience working within Agile methodologies (SCRUM).
- Experience using both traditional Relational (e.g. MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. Redis)
- Strong work ethic plus follow-through on commitments (works smart to get the job done right and on time)
- Proactive approach to problem solving (acting without being told, driving for measurable results, etc.).
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!