Software Engineer at Cresta
Software Engineer, Front-End
- ANYWHERE (REMOTE)
As one of the first front end engineers at Cresta, you’ll have a huge impact on our product and direction. You’ll be working with our product team to craft great user experiences around the magic our AI creates. We are open to remote employees.
You will join a collaborative but highly autonomous working environment in which each member has a defined role with clear expectations, as well as the freedom to pursue projects they find interesting.
Cresta is an early-stage enterprise AI startup with the mission of enabling everyone to start as an expert on the first day on the job. Spun out of the Stanford AI lab and chaired by Google-X founder Sebastian Thrun, and backed by Ben Horowitz, our team is composed of Stanford PhDs and top engineers and leaders from Google, Facebook, and other tech companies. We are in production at multiple Fortune 500 companies and are training on millions of dialog conversations.
What You’ll Do:
- Play a substantial role in shaping our front end culture
- Build the user interaction for a machine learning platform and features that assist our users with real-time suggestions
- Teach & mentor junior developers
- Have technical ownership of one or more of our products, with the autonomy and trust to make significant technical decisions
- Be a subject matter expert on our business logic, architecture, and the core tech in our stack (GraphQL , React, TypeScript, Apollo)
- Demonstrate best practices in your code, and uphold them in your code reviews
- Work closely with Product to understand requirements and advise on technical trade-offs
- Use your voice to advocate for the culture (engineering or otherwise) that you think our company ought to have
What We Look For:
- A commitment to sound technical decisions and code quality, tempered with a bias for shipping as often as possible
- Experience shipping web apps with modern tools like React.js, Redux, GraphQL, Webpack and Node.js
- An almost miserly habit of protecting developer time by cutting scope and buying instead of building
- A knack for distilling complex, nebulous problems down to their key elements
- Enough confidence to have your ideas challenged without feeling like you’re being challenged
- A fierce commitment to the professional development of those junior to you
- A mind adventurous enough to have wild ideas, but pragmatic enough to know when to pursue them
- A systematic process for solving problems, with a commitment to continually improving that process
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible work hours
- Lunch and dinner every day
- 401(k) plan
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!