Software Engineer at Blue Bottle Coffee
- DIGITAL – ENGINEERING & SYSTEMS
Blue Bottle Coffee is a passionate and growing team of hundreds around the world, united by the simple purpose of connecting the world to delicious coffee. We roast on four coasts, make delicious drinks, clean up after ourselves, bake cookies, get change at the bank, and say please and thank you. We’re an impossibly eclectic group of coffee experts, artists, writers, sensory scientists, bakers, designers, and all-around dreamers, who also happen to be some of the most hard-working and talented in the business. Join us.
About the job:
As a member of our engineering team, you will craft experiences that allow our guests to shop for coffee and merchandise, learn about brewing coffee at home and share their coffee-drinking experiences with friends and followers. You will build powerful tools that help our production teams deliver fresh, beautifully-roasted coffee to our guests and cafes.
You will be surrounded by a tight-knit and supportive team of fellow engineers who push hard to constantly learn and leverage the best in technology. Our projects push us to constantly learn, and you may find yourself working on public cloud, data pipelines, analytics platforms, mobile applications or machine learning.
- Develop mobile and eCommerce applications that delight our customers
- Brainstorm solutions for challenging problems that bridge business and technical concerns
- Mentor and collaborate with incredibly talented peers across a variety of disciplines
- Iterate on practice that helps define an extraordinary engineering team
- Build amazing software to empower all of our Blue Bottle Coffee teams:
- Manufacturing, production and roasting
- Quality Control
- A simplifier. You can take difficult, complex problems and solve for the layers that comprise them.
- A great communicator. You take pride in empathizing with a varied audience and finding ways to build understanding.
- An enthusiastic, team-oriented leader. You have a service mentality and lead with patience and kindness.
- An insatiable learner. You are excited to build expertise on a wide array of technology, including:
- Data analytics platforms, pipelining, columnar and relational databases
- ReST and GraphQL services
- Machine learning
- 2+ years of software engineering experience in a fast-paced environment
- Technical acumen with demonstrable development skills
- A deep love for great coffee, food, and a passion for exceptional customer experiences
- The following is a list of the physical activity, requirements, and environmental factors related to this role. Blue Bottle is committed to partnering with all candidates and employees to ensure reasonable accommodations are made to meet the following:
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word;
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal and written documentation
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Occasionally walking, climbing stairs, and standing occur in this role.
- Environment: this role is protected within a building, but may be exposed to mild changes in temperature with heating or air conditioning.
A few benefits we offer
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for eligible employees starting on your first day
- 401(k) plan
- Paid time off
- Free drinks at any of our cafes and a complimentary bag of beans to take home each week
- Discounts on any Blue Bottle food items and merchandise
At Blue Bottle Coffee, you’ll be a vital part of our guests’ experience and a crucial link in delivering the most delicious coffee we can find to every person who walks through our doors, be it in person or online. If you’re ready to bring beautiful and thoughtfully rendered experiences to life, please apply and join us.
Blue Bottle is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value an open mind, dedication to work, and a collaborative spirit. We hire based on these qualities, a job’s requirements, our business’s needs, and an applicant’s qualifications. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind—in the hiring process or in the workplace.
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions.
We may refuse to hire relatives of present employees if doing so could result in actual or potential problems in supervision, security, safety, or morale, or if doing so could create conflicts of interest.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We participate in E-Verify. We will provide the federal government with employees’ Form I-9 information to confirm authorization to work in the U.S. We will only use E-Verify once an employee has accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!