Software Engineer at Wizeline
Note: This is a remote position. Candidates from any time zone (worldwide) will be considered.
Wizeline partners with Fortune 500 companies and startups to provide intelligently-designed software solutions, using the Agile methodology and Distributed teams approach. Innovation in product development is our core strength, and we work towards goals, not just checkboxes! We also focus on impact, and we are proud to contribute to local economies by developing technology ecosystems and give back to the communities in which we operate.
Come join a team where all members are empowered to take ownership, raise their hands, and come up with the most inventive and innovative solutions to our partners’ toughest problems. We are engineering a better tomorrow and creating new opportunities.
What You Will Bring to the Team
As a Software Engineer at Wizeline, you will advocate for the use of cutting-edge technology to build intelligent and scalable products. You will act as a technology partner for our clients from inception to completion. By understanding their needs and translating requirements into world-class design, you will be responsible for delivering high-quality applications.
Partner with multidisciplinary teams located across the world (Technical Writing, User Experience, Product Management, and Project Management) to solve challenging problems. As a relationship builder with direct communication with stakeholders, you will also drive internal initiatives and objectives.
You will work on projects that will allow you to develop your skills and gain exposure to multinational brands. We promote fun and continuous learning and we are proud of working with the brightest minds in the industry.
Are you a Fit?
To be successful in this role, you need:
- Hands-on working experience developing secure, scalable enterprise applications.
- Passion and experience building web-based technology products or applications.
- Comfortable in learning new coding languages and frameworks, and seamlessly switching from one to another, when required.
- Familiarity with computer science algorithms and data structures to optimize solutions.
- Knowledge of relational and/or non-relational databases.
- Strong architecture skills, with the ability to select the best stack for each project.
- Strong communication skills in English.
- Experience in one or more of the most commonly used web applications stacks.
Nice to Haves:
Some nice-to-have qualities that will further help you are:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject
- Experience in working directly with clients
- Hands-on knowledge of working in Agile environment
- Frontend or backend experience leveraging some of the following web technologies and frameworks:
- Frontend: ReactJS, AngularJS, or Vue.js
- Backend: Express.js, Django, Node or Flask
- Databases: MySQL and MongoDB
- Experience working with Cloud platforms like AWS or GCP
- A code repository you can share with the team, showcasing your contributions to open source projects
- Being a DevOps advocate, with working knowledge of Docker, Jenkins, Travis, and/or Kubernetes
What You’ll Love About Us
- We offer exceptional career growth opportunities to our employees with skill development workshops, mentoring programs, and support for side projects or entrepreneurial work.
Our benefits and perks:
- We offer competitive compensation and employee-centric benefits, including industry-leading maternity and paternity leave.
Having an inclusive environment is serious business at Wizeline. Wizeline creates and fosters a diverse, inclusive, and harassment-free workplace where everyone can achieve their potential. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Note: This position is remote and open to candidates around the world. Wizeline has offices in Guadalajara, Mexico City, Queretaro, Vietnam, Thailand, Barcelona, New York, and San Francisco. See the Careers page for more information on roles on campus.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!