Software Engineer at Canonical
Software Engineer – Home Based – Worldwide
Location: Home Based – Worldwide
What is Canonical?
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, the world’s best free software platform . Our mission is to realise the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organisations. Our services are helping individuals and businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
The Multipass team in Canonical is aiming to make reaching Ubuntu devices – cloud, IoT and desktop alike – quicker and easier, whatever your preferred environment.
Multipass is available for different Linux distributions as a snap, but also for macOS and Windows. It provides developers a familiar developer environment in their platform of choice.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our remote-based team spread across 3 continents. We want someone that strives for quality in their code and great user experience of their software.
We are a distributed company, so travel is part of the job. You can expect to travel at least 2 times in a year for a week at a time. For different members of the company this year the destinations included Cape Town, Malta, Lyon, Toronto and Paris.
As a Software Engineer you will:
- Make the lives of developers targeting Ubuntu a pleasant experience across platforms
- Strive to make Multipass easy and intuitive to use
- Help architect new features and design the user experience
- Interact with the open source community and commercial customers when they need help
The successful Software Engineer will have:
- Expertise in modern C++ development
- Experience with software testing and test-driven development
- Ability to hold yourself and others to a high standard with production code
- Cross-platform development experience preferred, with macOS an additional advantage
- Open source experience and involvement a plus
- Knowledge of CI systems a plus
- Excellent communication skills in English – both verbal and written
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
What Canonical Offers:
- Learning and Development
- Annual Compensation Review
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Priority Pass for travel
- Flexible working option
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!