Software Developer in Test, Cloud at Cisco
Title: Software Developer in Test, Cloud
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada, or Remote United States
Classifications: Remote Full-Time
JOB ID: 1283364
What You’ll Do
The Cisco Advanced Threat engineering team is looking for a strong and collaborative Software Developer in Test with energy and enthusiasm in the security space. You’ll be a key player in leading our engineering efforts to build a new cloud-based product that further extends the overall Cisco Security portfolio vision and strategy. You will be a champion for code quality as you create manual and automated tests that validate end-to-end functionality of the product both in isolation and at enterprise scale. You will help plan and estimate features and integrations with a focus on simplicity, ease of use, and overall delight. You will utilize your skills as a software developer in test to maximize the value of our product so that we can continuously create, develop, and deliver the best outcomes for our customers.
Who You’ll Work With
As a software developer in test, you will be a core member of a team composed of highly skilled individuals who are comfortable working in dynamic and technically challenging environments. Our team is a highly performant group that has successfully delivered multiple enterprise-grade products and are involved in all stages of product life cycle from conception to development, go-to-market, and ongoing support of our customers.
Who You Are
You are a self-motivated, results-driven, and engaged individual who enjoys collaborating in team-based environment. You want to get to the bottom of things, understand what’s going on, and build product that makes a difference and leaves a lasting impression. You are someone who doesn’t give up easily when faced with complex problems and has a strong overall attention for detail.
- 4+ years of professional experience in a cloud software development or testing role
- Experience working with AWS in delivery of cloud-based products
- Exposure to OS-level virtualization such as Docker or LXC
- Experience with Linux or Unix-based operating systems
- Understanding of distributed datastores such as DynamoDB or Apache Cassandra
- Experience in testing either frontend or backend systems
- Experience in development and maintenance of automation framework, libraries, and internal tools
- Understanding of writing requirements, test scenarios and defect tracking through its lifecycle
- Ability to identify candidate test cases for automation
- Work closely across teams through the product design and development process
Nice to have
- Experience in automated test development using Golang or an equivalent strongly typed language such as Python
- Experience with Postfix or equivalent mail transfer agents
- Testing and/or configuration of security products
- Production experience with distributed databases and datastores
- Prior leadership roles in software development organizations
- Understanding of Agile methodologies (particularly SCRUM)
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!