SOFTWARE DEVELOPER & INTEGRATOR SENIOR
Req. Number: R0030046
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Software Developer & Integrator Senior for our Remote.
Software Developers and Integrators (SDIs) are engaged in all phases of the software development lifecycle which include; gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements, responding to outages and creating application system models. SDIs primary functions are to design, develop, document, test and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for internal use, perform defect corrections (analysis, design, code). In addition, SDIs participate in design meetings and consult with business clients to refine, test, and debug programs to meet business needs, and interact and sometimes direct third-party partners in the achievement of business and technology initiatives. This role is a solid, career-level role where functional and technical proficiency has been obtained, and incumbents display a depth of technical understanding within their respective areas of specialization allowing them to operate independently. Incumbents also display a proficiency that allows them to begin to mentor others (third party and internal resources) on procedural matters.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we’ve been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For, and we’ve ranked among Victory Media’s Top 10 Military Friendly Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn’t technical, it’s human. Here, we don’t just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
We are over 3,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on Agile principles. We’ve been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
- Utilizing technical expertise; Creates system requirements, performs design and analysis, and coding and unit testing of complex to highly complex system functionality and/or defect correction across multiple platforms.
- Identifies ideas to improve system performance and impact availability.
- Resolves complex technical design issues.
- Provides functional and/or technical guidance in evaluating applications systems or evaluating requests for proposals.
- Coordinates changes and influences and prioritizes tasks with business or technical departments.
- Analyzes and influences technical, system, and/or user requirements.
- Identifies and creates solutions to improve system performance and availability.
- Facilitates root cause analysis of system issues to minimize impact and future occurrences.
- Creates system documentation/playbook(s) and serves as a lead technical reviewer and contributor in requirements, design and code reviews.
- Typically serves as a resource to the business.
- Develops accurate estimates on work packages and ensures the accuracy of estimates developed by less experienced internal and third-party team members.
- Analyzes and designs specifications for less experienced internal and third-party team members to execute.
- Acts as a technical resource throughout the development life cycle.
- May also actively contribute to the technical and soft skills development of team members.
- Assists team leads and management with delegation of technical work packages to cross-functional and third party team members for execution through the full development life cycle.
- Keeps management appropriately informed of progress and issues.
- Coordinates system application transition from development teams to maintenance and production teams, and/or constructs and implements necessary controls to assure system/application traceability.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 or more years of software development experience demonstrating depth of technical understanding within a specific I/T discipline(s)/technology(s)
- 5+ years IBM InfoSphere Information Server experience. Specifically, with hands-on experience in working with Information Governance Catalog (IGC) and Information Analyzer (IA). Version: 11.5/11.7
- 5+ years designing/developing DataStage integrations (ETL) from a variety of data sources
- 5+ years experience with QualityStage creating data quality rules for information governance
- Hands-on experience using InfoSphere Metadata Asset Manager (IMAM) to import, export, and manage metadata assets
- Experience loading technical and business metadata assets in IGC
- Experience in developing custom extensions for IGC using OpenIGC
- Experience loading custom metadata into IGC using Extension Mapping Documents (EMD)
- 6+ months USAA experience
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.