Software Developer at Xogene
Software Developer – US Remote job
Xogene is a leader in innovative technologies and expert services to meet global clinical trial transparency requirements. Since 2010, Xogene has been offering a suite of transparency services to meet evolving regulatory needs, from helping to build a newly emerging transparency capability to augmenting an already mature process.
Combining deep transparency expertise with a modern technology stack, Xogene also provides software solutions to automate processes and track myriad studies, regulations and statuses.
Our expertise ranges from clinical trial registration and results reporting, document redaction and lay summary development, to SAS/XML support, data sharing, online study tracking solutions, and building/hosting websites.
Xogene is headquartered in New Jersey with offices in Vienna, Austria and Gurgaon and Pune, India. For more information, visit us at http://www.xogene.com.
Qualified candidates should be motivated by defining and building great products, working with complex data models, and laying strong technical foundations. This team is involved with working on large-scale, mission-critical Python web applications using Django.
The position requires the application of creative problem-solving skills to the conception and development of scalable and maintainable software in an agile team environment. The developer will work on defining and implementing new features, enhancing core functionality, and integrating with other platforms and services.
- Work within a development team to grow and support large, complex web applications
- Work with the senior developer, business analysts and managers to plan and execute new products, features and improvements
- Write and maintain unit tests and integration tests for automated testing
- Maintain and enhance automated build and deploy processes
- Conduct load testing and code optimizations to improve application performance
- Create APIs and functionality to federate data from core platforms
- Author and maintain technical documentation
- Collaborate with other product teams, ad operations, and vendors as needed
- 2+ years of proven experience developing large-scale web applications
- 2+ years of on-the-job development in Python
- Expert in Python principles, idioms, and design patterns
- Experience with AWS, automated build and deployment
- Strong OO development methodology and familiarity with functional programming paradigm
- Experience writing unit tests, smoke tests, integration tests and continuous integration
- Excellent understanding of web technologies, including web servers and relational database servers
- Experience writing and consuming RESTful web services
- Great debugging and reasoning skills
- Expert level Linux command line
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with agile development tools
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Characteristics
- Preference for small, agile teams that strive to regularly deploy to production
- Passion for continual learning and improving the team around you
- Interest in web architecture and contemporary web frameworks
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or 4 years of commensurate experience
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!