Software Developer (ADR/ES)
Job Locations: US-VA-Chantilly | US-Remote
Job ID: 2019-2272
AbleVets, LLC, is a fast-growing Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing healthcare information technology services and resources to help the Veterans Affairs (VA) and Department of Defense (DoD) improve the lives of the people they serve. AbleVets, has an opportunity available for a Software Developer (ADR/ES) to support our program. This position is in our Chantilly, VA office or can be remote.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide expertise with the Veterans Administration (VA) Administrative Data Repository/Eligibility Services (ADR/ES) and its integration within program development initiatives
- Develop lstable, scalable code in support of customer requirements
- Participate in new development starting with requirements analysis and design
- Implement test driven development methods, supporting end to end testing
- Provide story point estimates for enhancements and new features
- Refine user requirements and identify areas for enhancement
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other related field and at least five (5) years of related experience. An additional eight (8) years of related experience can be substituted for degree requirement.
- Must have demonstrated experience working with and integrating the VA ADR/ES
- Knowledge of and experience with software development lifecycle and processes, specifically in Scaled Agile and Scrum
- Familiarity with object-oriented concepts with languages like Java
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter that can work under general direction in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- This position may support a government contract and have access to classified or government protected information for which US citizenship is required
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
AbleVets LLC appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. AbleVets is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.