Software Automation Test Engineer at By Light Professional IT Services
Software Automation Test Engineer
Job LocationsUS-Remote Work
# of Openings
Metova, a By Light Company is looking for a talented person to fill our Software Automation Test Engineer position.
The Software Automation Test Engineer is responsible for automation testing of of our propritary software and turnkey systems. This person will work remotely as part of a highly collaborative team and be responsible for the maintenance and execution of testing scripts for the continuity and integrity of our software.
- Perform manual and automated testing of web applications.
- Work with architects and developers to define test approach, prepare test data, develop manual or automated test scripts using automated testing tools and frameworks, and validate that software meets requirements / acceptance criteria.
- Execute, update, and maintain automated regression testing for UI and API frameworks.
- Support production deployment and validations.
- Support production application – perform data quality checks; investigate production inquiries and issues.
- Maintain documentation of test plans, historical analysis, anomalies, issues, and resolutions.
- Work on sprint team in an Agile, rapid development and deployment environment.
- Communicate status to team lead / project oversight.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a computer related field and three (3) years of software automation testing experience or equivalent years of software automation testing experience.
- Experience with one or more continuous integration platforms (Jenkins preferred)
- Experience with one or more automation testing platforms (Cypress preferred)
- Experience in Linux environments.
- Knowledgeable in computer networking; Linux Systems, Windows
- Knowledgeable in software test processes; Agile Software Development/Software Development Life Cycle, System, Integration, Functional software testing disciplines.
- Experience in Test Case Documentation artifacts; Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Development and Bug Creation/tracking/lifecycle.
- Experience in API testing
- Experience with Cypress test tool, knowledgeable in virtualization environments, interest in cybersecurity domain and DevSecOps maturity
- Experience with setting up Automation Test Frameworks
- Experience with formal Software Development code review processes and other sprint-related development disciplines
Special Requirements/Security Clearance
Must be able to obtain a security clearance
By Light provides a broad range of hardware, software, engineering, and IT integration services. Headquartered in Tysons, VA, we support defense, civilian, commercial, and health IT customers worldwide. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and 401(k) match.
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!