Software Architect at SmartAction
- Remote OK
Who are we?
SmartAction exists to advance the AI movement, bridging the gap between what is, and what can be. We are a fully remote company of ~70 people who provides AI-powered virtual agents as software solutions for organizations across several industries, like retail, hospitality, roadside assistance, healthcare, utilities and more. We are headquartered in Dallas/Fort-Worth, TX and have an office in El Segundo, CA.
Our company is going through an exciting transformation to build a SaaS platform, which will allow us to better leverage best of breed technologies and implement and maintain our customer solutions in a more efficient, scalable and sustainable way. This is an excellent career opportunity for a professional with an impressive architectural design background, entrepreneurial mindset and good interpersonal skills.
We are looking for an experienced Software Architect, who will be responsible for leading the technical design and development of a SaaS platform. The ideal candidate has a strong technical background, as well as experience in designing sustainable and scalable SaaS solutions. The Architect will be a key player in our company’s future growth, and they will be centrally located in the organization to provide cross-departmental leadership, collaboration, and participation in decision making.
- Provide architectural blueprints and technical leadership to build a SaaS platform
- Participate in the implementation work as an individual contributor
- Work closely together with the Product Team to build a product roadmap with an iterative launch plan
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality platform
- Ensure that technologies are used efficiently, profitably and securely
- Identify opportunities to leverage emerging and mature technologies
- Define all aspects of development for the SaaS platform from appropriate technology, workflow, concepts and guidelines to coding standards, automated testing and deployments
- Document and present designs, estimates, and implementation plans to internal stakeholders
- Interact with software engineers, providing them with technical guidance and coaching
- 8+ year of software development experience with coding in various languages (C#, .Net, Java etc.) and extensive knowledge of modern software development practices
- 3+ years’ experience of working as a Software Architect with proven track record in designing, building, shipping and supporting a SaaS platform
- Generalist with full stack capabilities, including deep knowledge of cloud architecture, web systems, UI/UX, object-oriented programs, SQL, APIs, security and open-source technologies
- Comprehensive knowledge of current trends and developments in the industry
- Strong understanding of infrastructure and related technologies (hardware, networks etc.)
- Experience developing software following Agile, DevOps and CI/CD processes including automation testing development
- Familiarity with software quality assurance principles, unit, integration, regression and automated testing methods
- Contribute to an engineering-wide culture of code quality and ownership
- Experience with networking or telecommunications systems, specifically with SIP/VOIP, is a plus
- Strong business acumen and leadership skills – ability to balance business objectives against long-term architectural vision
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with close attention to detail
- Comfortable on both strategic and tactical levels – able to see the big picture as well as to execute against short- and long-term goals to iterate towards success
- Proactively advises on options, risks, costs versus benefits, system impacts, and technology priorities
- Ability to make decisions, have accountability, and adjust decisions as needed
- Experience with complex program and project management
- Effective negotiation, presentation and vendor management skills
- Degree in computer science, engineering or other relevant area preferred
This is a remote position which may be performed anywhere in the United States. The candidate must be eligible to work in the US. We do not provide sponsorship for employment visas.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!