Social Worker Case Manager Neonatal ICU
Local in PA or 100% remote
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
ProgenyHealth is a leading provider of care management solutions for premature and medically complex newborns. We partner with health plans and their neonatal providers to work collaboratively in developing a plan of care specific to the needs of each child – from admission to the intensive care nursery until they are safely transitioned from the hospital, through the first year of life. Our program promotes appropriate utilization, improves access, educates family members, reduces costs, and improves outcomes.
The Social Worker will work in conjunction with the nurse case managers, coordinating care of the high-risk newborn population served by ProgenyHealth based on the CMSA national standards for case management practice. The Social Worker will demonstrate strengths in working independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment. An understanding of ProgenyHealth goals and outcome measures is important to the accountability of the Social Worker and the success of the member-focused Specialty Care Management Programs
- Focus on empowering the caregiver and family to support optimal wellness while advocating for the necessary services and community resources across the health care continuum
- Assess, plan and implement care strategies that are individualized by patient and directed toward the most appropriate, least restrictive level of care
- Build and maintain relationships with caregivers and healthcare providers to develop an individualized plan of care that is member focused and addresses physical and psycho-social barriers to optimal outcomes
- Identify any impediments to member progress and advocate for patients and families as needed to ensure the patient’s needs and choices are fully represented and supported by the healthcare team
- Licensed Social Worker in state of residence with a current, unrestricted license is required; and agree to obtain licensure in other state(s) when applicable for client contracts.
- Minimum of 2 years background working in Pediatrics/NICU managed care or clinical environment
- For 100% remote positions, Five or more years of managed care experience in a health plan or acute care health system in a case management role is required.
- Experience working with a Medicaid population is preferred.
- A background in effecting change to overcome social determinants of health, including mental health and substance abuse.
- Basic level of proficiency in PC-based word processing and database documentation (Word, Excel, Internet, Outlook) as well as managed care systems or EMRs.
- Excellent communication skills and organizational ability are required.
- Must be self-motivated and willing to learn multiple tasks.
- Must be well organized and able to prioritize tasks.
- Must demonstrate accuracy in spelling and documentation.
- CCM certification highly desirable; and is required after two years of employment
- Ability to perform job functions with autonomy and be a self-starter
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, telephone etiquette and maintain positive communication at all times
- Must have commitment to excellence in customer service.
Our team is our most important asset. some of the benefits we offer our team are:
- 401K with company match
- Medical and dental benefits
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Business Casual Work environment
- Team orientated events throughout the year
- Role specific – partial or full telecommuting (after training period)