Social Studies Tutor at Stride, Inc.
K12 Live Online, Social Studies Tutor, Virtual
Job Category: Academics
Requisition Number: K12LI19692
K12 believes in Education for Any One. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
Passionate Educators are needed at the K12 Live Online. We want you to be a part of our talented team!
K12 Live Online Tutoring seeks engaging tutors, experienced in grades of K-12. K12 Live Online Tutors provide students with an exceptional learning experience. Our skilled tutors are certified teachers and subject matter experts with extensive experience in their academic field. All sessions are personalized for each student based on their lesson request. Students join their tutor of choice in an engaging virtual room face-to-face direct instruction. Tutors set their own work hours and work from the comfort of their home.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Provide a professional biography and picture
- Set accurate work scheduled in our scheduling system
- Meet with students in an online meeting room using web camera
- Provide tutoring consistent to topics provided by the student
- Be prompt and engage student for the entire scheduled session
- Report no-shows or issues with the session
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Teaching Certification in the content area you are applying to tutor
- Proficiency in subject matter
- Access to reliable Internet
- Professional personal and environmental appearance as sessions use web cameras
Certificates and Licenses: Professional teaching certification in the content area you are applying to tutor
Other Required Qualifications:
- Develop positive rapport with students
- Create an interactive online environment encouraging student engagement
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to learn new online systems and platforms quickly
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening
- 2+ years teaching or tutoring students
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a home based position. This position is open to residents of, and may be performed remotely from Washington, D.C., and from any state except Colorado.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!