Social Media Strategist I at Rackspace
Social Media Strategist I
Remote, United States
Advocates for Rackspace in social media spaces, developing and maintaining programs that build relationships with customers and social media users to engage in dialogue and identify and resolve issues. Collaborates with internal resources to ensure that social media programs support the goals, objectives, and core values of Rackspace.
- Plans and executes small dedicated programs or parts of moderately complex programs.
- Leads a program or multiple projects from start to finish.
- Monitors social networks and the Internet for comments that affect Rackspace.
- Triages communications and determines appropriate methods to address comments, resolving when possible, and escalating when necessary.
- Manages volatile situations and works in imaginative and practical ways to resolve to positive outcomes.
- Engages with users in public and private conversations.
- Resolves and/or coordinates with internal groups to resolve identified issues.
- Manages and tracks the resolution process to ensure timely follow-through.
- Provides training, coaching, and/or mentoring to individuals and teams throughout the company.
- Develops business intelligence pertaining to Rackspace brands and offerings.
- Identifies and reports on trends within the business and our industry.
- Identifies service quality gaps and opportunities for improvement within current offerings.
- Develops benchmarks and provides reports to leadership regarding the effectiveness of social media networks and campaigns.
- Leads efforts to improve existing social media processes or programs and designs new systems or processes as required.
- Reviews and fully understands all program/project requirements (business and technical).
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders and coordinates resources across functions, internally and externally, to ensure delivery within scope, budget, and schedule.
- Develops and documents business processes.
- Evaluates business processes and identifies areas where efficiencies may be gained.
- Develops and implements solutions to gain efficiencies.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and participants.
- Basic knowledge of the web hosting industry and the Rackspace product platform.
- Basic knowledge of public relations, marketing, sales, and community engagement.
- Basic knowledge of coordinating and monitoring projects/programs from initiation through delivery.
- Basic knowledge of all areas of business operations and organizational interactions.
- Strong time management, communications, decision making, presentation, human relations, and organizational skills.
- Trained in project methodologies or comparable industry experience.
- Experienced in development of project/program planning elements including scheduling, resourcing, communication, and implementation of plans.
- Financial skills to develop, track, and report on the project budget.
- Ability to develop, maintain, and report on schedules in MS Project.
- Solid understanding of risk analysis, project reporting, and tracking.
- Experience with industry-recognized project management methodology and tools.
- Ability to manage matrixed project/program teams, in diverse environments.
- Proficient in Visio, MS Office tools, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Creative thinking and the ability to ‘think outside the box’ are ESSENTIAL.
- Ability to communicate technical info and ideas so others will understand.
- Ability to apply varying leadership skills and traits that create solutions and results to unexpected situations.
- Ability to successfully work and promote inclusiveness in small groups.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, prioritizing workloads to meet competing deadlines.
- Ability to provide FANATICAL support.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience providing fanatical support (relationship or technical) OR B2B digital marketing experience, including 1–3 years of project/program/ people management experience is required.
- Relevant industry experience highly desired.
We accelerate the value of the cloud during every phase of digital transformation. By managing apps, data, security and multiple clouds, we are the best choice to help customers get to the cloud, innovate with new technologies and maximize their IT investments. We have been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as one of the best places to work. Join us on our mission to build the world’s best technology services company.
More on Rackspace
Rackers aren’t all alike. We look different. We think uniquely. We are from many places and our beliefs & backgrounds vary. But, being a Racker — a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission – is what connects us all. Rackers are encouraged to bring their whole self to work every day, as we know that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers & communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!