Social Media Specialist at Optiv
Social Media Specialist | Remote, USA
- BILLINGS, MT or Remote, USA
- MARKETING – DIGITAL & DEMAND GENERATION
At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you’ll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cybersecurity. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients’ needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We’re proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
Who we are looking for:
Optiv is looking for a creative, enthusiastic and organized Social Media Specialist to join our digital team. You will be responsible for planning, executing and monitoring Optiv’s social media strategy, as well as managing the day-to-day social media corporate platforms and creating social media campaigns in alignment with Optiv’s brand guidelines, in order to increase brand awareness and lead generation. In this position, you will network with targeted virtual communities and influencers to promote Optiv’s solutions and services.
The successful candidate will be a creative writer and exceptional communicator that uses their passion for social media as a communications tool to help with internal adoption and external social engagement. You will be an active participant in data collection and analysis in order to consistently improve Optiv’s social media practices.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Build and execute our social media marketing strategy and content plans through research, benchmarking and audience/persona identification
- Develop and implement social media marketing plan and editorial calendar
- Generate, publish and share impactful posts on all social media platforms that follow Optiv’s brand guidelines, including writing and editing social media content, increasing engagement and promoting social media campaigns
- Define overall social media KPIs and use analytical tools to monitor and measure Optiv’s social media presence and performance, as well as insights on traffic, demographics and effectiveness
- Provide recommendations to adjust the social media marketing strategy for optimal results
- Prepare monthly reports on social media and marketing campaign efforts
- Utilize social media marketing tools such as Meltwater and Sprout Social
- Update and maintain corporate social media pages and profiles
- Moderate user-generated content and messages based on Optiv’s social media policy
- Manage and grow social ambassador/influencer program by building meaningful connections and encourage community members through dialog and guidance
- Network and collaborate with social media followers and influencers, including responding to questions and requests in a timely manner, to create a strong network
- Collaborate with internal departments to develop and coordinate campaigns and ensure content is informative and appealing
- Stay up to date on emerging trends, technologies and best practices in social media
Qualifications for success:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or related field
- 2+ years’ experience in digital marketing and social media
- Strong knowledge of LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a thorough understanding of social media management, strategy and best practices
- Experience using various analytics software and understanding of social media KPIs; ability to interpret results and take action to increase effectiveness of social media campaigns
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Good time-management and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong team player skills and the ability to work harmoniously across multiple departments
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations – Managed Services and Identity and Data Management.
With Optiv you can expect:
- A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality and Inclusion through Affinity groups including but not limited to, Women’s Network, Optiv Pride, Black Employee Network, and Veterans Support Network.
- Work/life balance. We offer “Recharge” a flexible, time-off program that encourages eligible employees to take the time they need to recharge
- Professional training resources, including tuition reimbursement
- Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
- Volunteer Opportunities. “Optiv Chips In” encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
- The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable)
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!