Social Media Specialist at Jewish National Fund
Jewish National Fund
Social Media Specialist
About Jewish National Fund-USA:
- Unparalleled in the Jewish philanthropic world, Jewish National Fund-USA’s (JNF-USA) strategic vision has been and always will be, to ensure a strong, secure, and prosperous future for the land and people of Israel.
- Everything we do — every project, initiative, and campaign we take on – is integral to our vision of building and connecting to our land.
- We plant trees, build houses and parks, source water solutions, buy fire trucks, and improve the lives of people with special needs.
- We boost tourism, support Aliyah, promote Zionist education and engagement, build medical centers and trauma centers, fund agricultural and culinary research, and run an American semester abroad high school in Israel.
- We do all these things because each project, each program, each partnership, is consistent with our strategic vision – population growth in the north and south, connecting the next generation to Israel, infrastructure development, ecology, forestation, heritage preservation, and more — all for the land and people of Israel.
- Jewish National Fund-USA is looking for a new Social Media Specialist, who will be responsible for managing the organization’s vast organic social media presence.
- This person will report to the Digital Marketing Manager and work closely with other members of the Marketing Department.
- This position can be remote unless based near a Jewish National Fund-USA office in the United States. This position can also be based in Israel, but must work New York business hours).
- Develop and implement innovative ways to grow all social media channels, generate new followers and drive community engagement
- Be a brand champion, ensuring our brand voice and personality is reflected in all copy, content, and creative
- Content calendar ownership with day-to-day management of the social media strategy, creating, curating and publishing engaging content that is on-brand and tailored to each channel
- Create buzzworthy content and manage campaigns promoting major national events, missions to Israel, products, planned giving, local events and more
- Collaborate strategically with marketing associates to strengthen relationships with local communities
- Build partnerships and implement collaborations with social media influencers
- Promote the JNF-USA Impact Blog
- Manage the JNF-USA podcast IsraelCast and promote new episodes across social media
- Work closely with lay leaders on the Social Media Committee; and with JNF-USA President on his weekly Facebook post
- Generate bi-weekly reports to analyze organic social media performance and share with Supervisor(s)
- Any other duties that your Supervisor(s) may assign to you
Professional Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in marketing, communications or related field
- 4+ years’ experience in social media strategy, content development and execution
- Proof of increase in both follower count and engagement is a bonus!
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, LinkedIn
- Stays up to date with current and emerging social trends
- Experience using social media management and analytics tools (i.e. Hootsuite, Google Analytics)
- Organized, detail-oriented with strong interpersonal skills
- Flexible and thrives in a fast-paced environment
At Jewish National Fund, we have:
- An incredible mission backed by hundreds of thousands of partners, our donors, who support the land and people of Israel and Jewish people everywhere
- An enthralling 120-year history as one of the world’s oldest environmentally focused philanthropic organizations
- An inclusive, supportive, and collaborative work culture where we play as a team, support each other and nurture creative minds
- A bold One Billion Dollar Road Map for the Next Decade that’s creating infrastructure, environmental, and economic opportunities to attract 500,000 people to Israel’s Negev Desert and 300,000 people to the Galilee
- An active and engaged lay leadership that supports and guides our professional team and our organization’s direction
- Days off for Jewish holidays (in addition to the secular US holiday calendar) along with “3pm Fridays”
- Opportunities to visit Israel
- Top-notch Healthcare plus Dental and Vision, employer-paid Life Insurance, and Short and Long-term Disability
- 403(b) and Generous Employer Contributions.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!