Social Media Marketing Specialist at Moz
Social Media Marketing Specialist
- Remote within the USA or Canada
How would you feel about hitting 1 million followers across social channels? With over 550K on Twitter alone (that’s more than Salesforce, Tableau or Slack!), we’re not your typical B2B tech startup. We’ve got an incredibly active and vocal community that loves interacting with us on social. They’re so active that when we hit publish or send, it hits Twitter within seconds. Our response? Keep it coming!
We’re looking for someone who will honor and nurture this fabulous following with strategic, high-impact social media marketing programs. This is a hands-on role where you’ll be responsible for both the strategic planning and tactical aspects.
The ideal candidate knows that social media is not a one-size-fits-all approach. You have an expert understanding of how to optimize across platforms and keep on top of changes as they happen. You also know social media doesn’t operate in isolation — it’s a highly visible brand channel that has significant impact at many points in the overall customer journey.
This role reports into the Director, Marketing Channels and works collaboratively with Content, PR, Lifecycle Customer Marketing, Growth Marketing, and Product Marketing to establish plans and execution. This role also works cross-functionally to tap the vast social networks of our internal industry influencers, product experts, and company executives.
We are an office optional company and this role can be fully remote from anywhere within the USA or Canada. We also offer the option to work from our beautiful offices in Seattle or Vancouver, when permitted.
What You’ll Do
- Own and lead all areas of social media for Moz
- Manage day-to-day social media activities, including posting, monitoring, optimizing, responding, and engaging with our social community
- Develop a social media marketing strategy that positions Moz as a thought leader, engages industry influencers, creates opportunities for brand engagement, and develops audiences/followers
- Work with other marketing team members to test integrated social campaigns that seek to drive qualified traffic and conversions for core products
- Execute plans that are tightly aligned with the content/PR calendar, customer acquisition programs, and product marketing launches
- Develop high-impact, high-performing copy and assets that are on-brand and optimized for each social channel
- Listen and engage in relevant social discussions about our brand, products, capabilities, and industry, and monitor for proactive engagement opportunities
- Understand target audience and leverage social media channels to increase reach and size of key audience segments
- Measure and report on all social media programs against established benchmarks and goals; identify opportunities, and provide recommendations
- Work closely and collaboratively across the marketing team and cross-functionally with Design and other internal teams to develop assets and execute social media plans
What We Want To See
- Demonstrated professional experience managing on an ongoing basis social media accounts of substantial size (at least 100k followers) including writing compelling social media copy — share links to your work and be ready to show examples!
- Preferred experience in social media marketing for SaaS tech and/or B2B
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms, including: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Understanding of digital marketing channel strategies
- Demonstrated experience growing a qualified social audience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Experience using social media management platform(s)
- Preferred experience with Google Analytics to track social performance
- Experience with HubSpot would be a bonus, but not required
Moz is the most trusted authority in online search with powerful SEO and Local Search platforms to help marketers improve the position of their brands, business locations and competitive rank in search results. Moz’s platforms are powered by world class-quality data, both robust and fresh enough to serve as the foundation upon which crucial business decisions are made. For both large enterprises looking to gain an edge in the increasingly complex and ever-changing world of search or an agency seeking an SEO platform to accelerate client growth, Moz has a solution. Check it out at www.moz.com.
Some reasons why you’d want to work with us:
- You want to play a big part in a small but profitable company who are industry leaders.
- You do your best in a setting where excellent work is what’s valued—not face time (a good work-life balance is just how we do things!)
- You value authenticity and a work environment that values who you are and what you can do.
- You’re looking for a big challenge that involves lots of variety, collaboration, inventiveness, and on your toes thinking.
- You want to work alongside people who are passionate, friendly, and helpful.
Our benefits include:
- A strong commitment to work-life balance. We provide a US$3,000 per calendar year vacation expense reimbursement for all employees as well as monthly home internet access and cell phone stipends.
- Employer match contributions on retirement plans.
- Generous paid time off and flexible work from home policies.
- Personal career development including 10 face to face career coaching sessions a year.
- 100% match on charitable contributions up to $5,000/year.
- Generous paid parental, medical and family leave policies to support you during major life events.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!