Social Media Manager – Autos at Endgame360
Location: US Locations Only; 100% Remote
Endgame360 is a remote digital media company that runs Showbiz Cheat Sheet, Sportscasting, Remoter.Co, and MotorBiscuit. At Endgame360, our primary goal is to delight our millions of monthly readers with high-quality content. We are a creative organization at our core and relentlessly strive to foster a cycle of success: Building the best company possible, to attract and retain the best talent available, to produce the best content in the world for our readers. Publishing since 2009, we have continued to grow our audience along with the number of sites we operate.
What makes Endgame360 a great place to work?
- We are a recognized digital media leader with millions of monthly readers.
- We are a tightly-knit team that is passionate about the overall product and strives to be experts in the field. We have a collaborative culture motivated by mutual respect that fosters regular feedback and group discussion.
- We are an exciting, growing company and we want you to grow with us. At Endgame360, your career is what you make of it.
- Anticipated salary starting at $70,000 + bonus.
- Work from home, a coffee shop, or anywhere of your choosing. We have a distributed workforce, which means that you can work from wherever you want in your hometown (or during travel!) and work with brilliant colleagues from around the country.
- We currently offer an exceptional bonus plan in which each team member within the company is on a bonus program. We also offer a flexible time off program, paid parental leave, paid family medical leave, health, dental, and vision insurances, 401k with employer match, a continuing education allowance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, meet & greets, and financial advising.
The duties and responsibilities outlined below include essential functions of the role. Depending on business needs, this role may perform a combination of some or all of the following duties. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
As a Social Media Manager with Endgame360, you will report to Marketing Director and/or VP of Marketing/Audience Development and will:
- Be available to assist in servicing all Endgame360’s sites as needed but will be assigned to focus primarily on MotorBiscuit, the Auto News site.
- Develop a comprehensive social media strategy for MotorBiscuit that will not only increase social traffic and followers but also drive more traffic (as well as a diversity of traffic) to the site itself and enhance overall brand awareness and engagement.
- Work with the Marketing Director and VP of Marketing/Audience Development, on assessing data to improve content experiences and overall strategy.
- Design, develop, and implement social media campaigns across multiple platforms at a large media company.
- Provide opportunities to followers/readers to engage with our brand by creating opportunities for engagement as well as by communicating with them, responding to their submissions, and monitoring reviews in a timely and professional manner.
- Create timely and engaging content that is optimized for a given platform, SEO, and the intended audience by partnering with the editorial team and supporting our branding efforts.
- Partner with applicable parties within the company to ensure messaging and voice aligns with social media guidelines and overall brand strategies and that it is consistent across various channels.
- Establish key metrics to measure the effectiveness of the site’s social media program as a whole and to measure individual campaigns and use tools to track/measure the return-on-investment on a consistent basis.
- Develop and implement features/opportunities for followers/audience to develop brand awareness (contests, polls, discussions, etc.) and engagement strategies of how to feature given articles best.
- Prepare reports for management as requested with a summary and analysis of the social media results along with recommended actions.
- Utilize social media to create a sense of community amongst followers/readers around the site itself or around different topics our site covers to drive engagement and growth.
- Serve as an internal advisor when it comes to social media strategy and best practices.
- Utilize tools and data to better understand how topics are doing, our competitors, our brand perception, audience preferences, etc. to develop benchmarking trends and to use them in making business decisions. Share findings with applicable parties within the company to help guide overall business/product decisions.
- Use social media to elevate the reputation of your site’s quality by focusing on the expertise, authority and trust of the content.
- Remain knowledgeable of the most up-to-date best practices and trends within social media, social media management, technologies, design tools, and applications. This includes up and coming social media platforms.
- Participate in special projects that may exist within the organization of which social media plays a role. This includes partnering with Social Media Managers of other sites to complete such projects.
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- Be located in the United States. Preference may be given to candidates located in states in which we currently operate: AL, CA, CO, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, KY, LA, MA, MD, MI, MO, NC, NJ, NM, NY, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, VT, WI, or WV. However, we may not automatically disqualify those living elsewhere in the United States.
- 3-5 years’ previous experience within social media marketing in a hands-on and strategy advising capacity. Experience working with multiple brands is helpful as is experiencing owning social media efforts for a digital media or similar business/industry.
- You have firsthand experience creating and promoting marketing campaigns on Facebook and other social media platforms to drive site traffic and increase profitability. You didn’t just participate on a team that was doing this, you led these efforts and can speak to the success and return-on-investment of your efforts.
- Demonstrated understanding of marketing, communication, and SEO principles/best practices.
- Proficiency on the most popular social media platforms as well as in content development and social analysis for each respective platform. Ability to learn and become proficient on up and coming platforms and new industry trends.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret applicable data and communicate the findings in a way others understand and use it to make sound business decisions. This includes analyzing audience behavior and determining personas.
- Strong writing and editing skills as well as attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written) and that results in the ability to interact with different target audiences. This includes communicating through various social media channels and tools like Zoom, Slack, Asana, and G-Suite as well as other software.
- Proven track record of creating successful social media campaigns.
- Strategic thinking and planning as well as problem solving abilities.
- Artistic, graphic design, or video production backgrounds helpful.
- High capacity to adapt to change in a dynamic environment while balancing multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, ever-changing and demanding remote environment.
- Willingness to participate in video calls.
- Passionate about or interest/knowledge in the site’s content area always a plus!
At Endgame360, We Insist That You Be You!
Our audience is made up of readers from many cultures and backgrounds. We celebrate that our team is no different. Here you have freedom to embrace what makes you, you: who you love, your gender identity and expression, skin color, age, appearance, disability, neurodiversity, DNA, military/veteran status, citizenship, and other factors that make up who you are. Your uniqueness is valued, welcomed, and appreciated here. We are dedicated to providing a positive workplace and base all employment decisions on your qualifications, performance, merits, as well as business needs. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
If you need assistance or an accommodation, please feel free to contact People Ops at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!