Social Media Manager at Tradesy
Social Media Director
Tradesy is a peer-to-peer marketplace for buying and selling luxury fashion, enabling savvy customers to unlock the value in their closet to access affordable luxury. Our mission is to make fashion resale as simple, safe and stylish as retail- at scale. We have millions of passionate members, a product that people love, and a team culture that gives you the freedom to work from wherever you are.
As Tradesy’s first-ever Social Media Director, you’ll be responsible for owning and growing all social channels across the brand. You’ll collaborate closely with Marketing and other cross functional teams to bring our brand to life and develop a cohesive social media presence and strategy. You’ll use your keen eye for luxury fashion and deep knowledge of social media best practices to position Tradesy as a leader in luxury fashion on social, from Instagram to TikTok. Using your wit, empathy, and deep understanding of our marketplace, you’ll build a thriving community of loyal brand ambassadors and happy customers.
Success in this role requires an exceptional eye for detail, a passion for social media and luxury fashion, the drive to constantly learn, and the ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
This role reports directly to the Head of Brand.
- Bring the Tradesy editorial calendar to life both visually and verbally, with a unique POV, on social and ensure a cohesive creative presence across channels.
- Develop actionable plans to grow and maintain followers on platforms including Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Facebook, and TikTok.
- Oversee day-to-day management of all Tradesy social channels and ensure brand consistency.
- Work with Marketing to develop social strategies that align with company goals and initiatives.
- Manage content creation life cycle, from researching potential content creators to outreach to billing.
- Work cross functionally to create social media brand guidelines by channel.
- Work closely with the Art Director to develop on-brand copy and source imagery for social content.
- Report on progress and metrics using tools including Planoly, Google Analytics, etc.
- Collaborate closely with our growth to develop social strategies that align with growth initiatives.
- Iterate on messaging based on team feedback, customer insights, and data.
- Stay apprised of social media trends and the competitive landscape.
- Protect the Tradesy brand and our values while creating content with social, political, and cultural awareness top of mind.
- Partner with Member Care to quickly remedy any customer issues that come through social media channels and ensure a positive customer experience.
- 3-5 years of social media management experience
- A proven track record of building and growing social media communities
- A strong understand of social media and marketing strategies
- An editor’s eye for luxury fashion you know it, you love it and you understand it
- Experience using data to inform your social media messaging and strategies
- An exceptional grasp of social channels including Instagram, Facebook & TikTok Creator Marketplace
- The ability to quickly understand brand visuals and voice – you’ll be able to decipher what to post and what not to post quickly
- A passion for learning and exceptional multi-tasking skills
- The ability to pivot in a fast-paced startup environment
What to Expect:
Apply through our website or any affiliate job boards and
- You will receive a confirmation email
- If we don’t feel you meet the requirements for this position we will send you an email
If we think you meet enough of our criteria, one of our in-house Recruiters will reach out to schedule an introductory call
- Competitive salary:
- Commensurate with skill set, experience and the position. What you made at your last job should not dictate your worth. Tradesy is committed to a Basic Living Wage threshold and holds its own $50k Minimum Wage Standard for entry level positions
- True Opportunity for Growth –
- we don’t believe in time served or waiting for your manager to get promoted or leave. Carve out your own path, at your pace – there’s room at the top for all of us
- Individual and Team bonuses,
- Based on performance
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- Several options for Company Paid Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug and Vision Plans. Tradesy pays 100% of the premiums for individuals – great discounts if you want to add spouse/children/families
- Wealth Benefits:
- 401k option and Equity (stock options) because every employee should be an owner
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- We coordinate with each other to make sure work and play find a healthy balance.
- Celebrate Diversity Paid Holiday Program
- A combination of set and floating Company Holidays – so you can choose the days most meaningful to you
- Designated Paid time off to serve (Jury Duty) and VOTE as well!
- Mentorship opportunities –
- Grow within your field, gain valuable skills and experience in a new one or become a change agent for those around you – all on Company time
- Paid Parental Leave –
- For Moms, Dads and everything in between
- Remote Friendly Office –
- Work from the place that best works for you
- Flexible Working Hours –
- Night owl? Got kids/pets/family obligations? We value your output, not the clock
- Virtual company-wide happy hours, Product demos, support groups and team events. Philanthropy and community outreach too.
- We are constantly finding news ways to stay meaningfully connected in this virtual world
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!