Social Media Manager at Matador Network
Are you obsessed with the cross section of TRAVEL and social media trends? Do you approach running social accounts like a growth hacker? If you answered YES to the above, we want to hear from you!
Our company, Matador Network, is a leading travel media company and lifestyle brand—and we’re hiring a team leader to oversee the growth and development of our social media accounts (Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc). Beyond our passion for travel, Matador values diversity, equity and inclusion and is actively working to spread these values through the travel industry. We are committed to hiring a diverse workforce to elevate and empower a wide array of viewpoints; candidates should fully embrace this mission. You can read more in our statement in support of the Black Travel Alliance.
Things you will be ROCKING:
- Driving organic growth and strategy across Matador’s social media channels
- Working with members of our 600-person travel influencer team to grow our accounts and bring them exciting opportunities with brands
- Overseeing and executing day-to-day content posting across our social channels
- Ideating, testing, and measuring new ways to reach millions of people through innovative use of platforms, trends, and creative collaborations
- Investigating and developing new sources of high-quality web traffic to our site, matadornetwork.com
- Forging and maintaining close partnerships between the Matador editorial team and other publishers
- Ensuring consistency of Matador’s brand voice across our channels
- Managing a small remote team that includes both social media producers and video editors
- Serving as the distribution and channel expert partner to the Director of Editorial
- Using results to make real-time tactical shifts and long-term strategic plans
You’re really good at:
- Growing social media accounts
- Solving problems with creativity
- Prioritizing limited time and human resources to focus on the projects that matter
- Staying extremely organized in the face of many tasks + directives; nothing falls through the cracks on your watch
- Distilling lots of information into short sentences
- Using analytics and spreadsheets to generate reports and track inter-departmental work
- Taking calculated risks and thinking way outside the box
- Explaining just about anything to just about anyone (bonus points if you can make them laugh while doing it)
- 3+ years’ experience working in social media and 1+ year leading a team
- Proven success in growing social followers and reach at a large brand or online publication, in particular on Instagram and TikTok.
- Ability to manage, communicate with, and direct a distributed workforce using primarily Slack and email.
- Proficiency and confidence using the Facebook/Business manager suite, Instagram, Pinterest/Tailwind, TikTok, Mailchimp, Google Analytics, and project management tools such as Asana
- Familiarity with reporting tools and the ability to extract broad trends from detailed performance data
- Experience in a fast-moving and agile environment, such as at a start-up, agency, or media company
- A deep understanding of Matador’s voice, audience, and brand
- A love for travel, adventure, and people!
Nuts and bolts:
- Full-time independent contractor.
- Remote position (i.e., working from your home office). This is a permanent feature of the job, regardless of the course of the COVID pandemic.
- Based in a US/North America time zone.
Go for it!
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Social Media Manager in the subject line.
- Travel as a force for good
At Matador, we envision a world where travel is a transformative experience that enables us to find the humanity in each other, everywhere. It has the power to connect, heal, and inspire us to plan new adventures that have a positive impact on the world.
- Empower a diverse generation of modern adventurers to share their stories and travel fearlessly
As the Matador brand evolves, we acknowledge that the modern adventurer looks different than previous generations. They are more diverse than ever, and many may not have the privilege of a safe space in every corner of the world. We want to give every reader the knowledge, tools, and perspective to create their dream travel experiences.
Location: US Locations Only
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!