Social Media Manager at Youth Speaks
Social Media Manager, Contract Position
- Organization: Youth Speaks
- Reports to: Creative Director
ABOUT YOUTH SPEAKS
Based in San Francisco, Youth Speaks leads a movement that defines and develops literacy, working at the intersections of youth development and arts education (creative youth development). Nationally, Youth Speaks is known for defining and building the field of spoken word. The Wallace Foundation named Youth Speaks one of the 8 exemplary arts education organizations in the nation. We convene the Brave New Voices Network, with over 100 partners across the nation, hold major performances reaching thousands, and have a robust digital footprint, reaching about 500,000 visitors a month.
About the Work
Youth Speaks seeks a Social Media Manager to project manage the execution of our social media strategy. You will be working directly with our Creative Director and our programs team to own the creation of on-brand graphics (using Canva and other tools) and content optimized for our social channels. Using our brand and content guide you will create, post and manage a steady flow of pre-approved social media posts and copy (approximately 5 posts/week contingent on programming events) for our Youth Speaks owned social channels, including FB, IG, YouTube and GoogleAds.
- Meet weekly with Youth Speaks marketing and programs team for instruction and content calendar updates, new initiatives and project direction
- Build on-brand graphics with Canva that are optimized for each of our social channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Create, and submit for approval, social media posts a week that align with content in our editorial calendar
- Design and execute an outbound social engagement strategy, e.g., partners, followers and others to share events and resources
- Manage social media editorial calendar
- Support copywriting of social posts based on our user messaging with feedback from the Creative Director, marketing and programs team
- Work within shared Google documents and Airtable to create, track, edit and ensure approval of social media copy and post content
- Grow our YouTube channel by uploading our video content on a weekly basis (10-20 videos a week), optimizing our channel and each video for SEO, and creating on-brand thumbnails for featured videos on the YouTube homepage
- Manage GoogleAdwords, track and report analytics to inform social media impact and strategy Experience
- Experience in graphic design is required, particularly with the Canva tool (Experience using After Effects or other leading graphic animation tools and social media dashboards/scheduling such as Hootsuite is also a plus)
- Experience with copywriting for multiple social channels is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated skill with incorporating brand guidelines into social copy and designing brand-oriented graphic content is needed
The best candidate for this position:
- Works within the United States time zones (Hawaii to Eastern time zones)
- Has the ability to communicate clearly with an openness to collaborate
- Can adopt brand language but is comfortable taking some narrative risks
- Can adopt brand guidelines but is willing to take some design risks
- Always meets deadlines
PAY: This is a temporary contract position with an hourly rate of $25 per hour 10-20 hours per week.
TO APPLY: Please submit resume, writing sample, and a thoughtful cover letter detailing interest, and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Social Media Manager Application” by Wednesday, May 6th, 5 p.m. EEO/AA Youth Speaks is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions. Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application. Youth Speaks will consider for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!