Social Media Manager at Primer API
Social Media Manager
The last two decades have seen an explosion in new payment services – from digital wallets, mobile payments, and open banking, to Buy Now Pay Later and crypto. Great for consumers! But, incredibly complex for merchants and developers. That’s where Primer comes in.
Primer is the world’s first automation platform for payments. With Primer, merchants and developers have all the underlying infrastructure and “lego blocks” they need to build the best buying experiences for their customers. Any developer can build a connection on Primer; merchants then simply ‘click and connect’ to the services they need to build their desired payment flows within their Primer dashboard.
Since starting in January 2020, we’ve raised funding from top tier investors including Accel, Balderton and Iconiq. Our all-star team from across the world of payments and fintech includes ex Braintree-PayPal, Stripe, Checkout, Tink, Recurly, TrueLayer, Paddle, Plaid, Kount and more – come and join us!
We’re looking for a passionate and creative professional who lives and loves social media, day in and day out. You’ll architect, curate and scale our social media function — a critical role that will share the Primer word with current and potential merchants, partners and teammates.
You can be based anywhere, although some overlap with European working hours is useful. You’ll join the ever-growing Marketing Team and report to Daniella Dukes, our Content Editor.
During your first 90 days, you’ll learn and research the market and our amazing Primer product, partners and merchants. You’ll meet teammates across Primer to orientate you before building out your vision and plan for what social media excellence will look like at Primer.
You’ll be a strong operator and self-starter and:
- Oversee day-to-day management of Primer’s campaigns across all channels
- Build brand awareness and a powerful online presence through multiple social channels
- Write excellent, engaging social copy while ensuring brand consistency (tone, terminology, etc)
- Work with the Marketing Team to create and implement Primer’s social media strategy
- Initiate and oversee creative campaigns that align with Primer’s sales objectives
- Supervise all aspects of social media interaction with Primer
- Create actionable plans to grow and maintain followers on popular social media platforms, like LikedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and more
- Analyse the social media landscape for Primer and refine tactics based on what works (and what doesn’t)
- Track and report performance and engagement on all channels with analytical tools like Google Analytics
- Support our Event Marketers with stellar event copy and help plan Primer’s virtual and physical events
You will have the following:
- You have at least 1-2 years of social media management experience.
- You live and breathe social, know the latest trends and platforms, and love to explore the newest technology.
- You have a background in content marketing and excellent copywriting skills.
- You’re outgoing and happy talking to merchants, partners and prospects at events.
- You’re proficient using multi-social posting programs, like Buffer and Salesforce.
- You have general knowledge of SEO and internet ranking for web content.
- You have proven experience in determining a target audience and crafting unique marketing campaigns to capture their attention.
- You have an excellent eye for detail and don’t back away from challenges
- You have a strong understanding of marketing strategy and how to effortlessly utilise these concepts through various forms of outreach.
- You have a passion for tech products, and marketing them.
It would be a bonus if:
- You have past experience working in payments or commerce
- You have experience working in remote teams
- You have experience in startups or fast-growing companies
The way we work is different at Primer
Our culture is about removing the roadblocks to doing your best work. We focus on taking initiative, letting the best ideas win, and valuing output over anything else.
Underpinning all of this is our ‘trust by default’. You’ll work remotely, wherever works best for you, have unlimited coworking access, unlimited time off, no company spending approvals, regular whole company retreats, team workations, and open access to people across the company.
We find the best thinking and work come from removing limiting assumptions. So, one of our favourite approaches to solving problems is simply: If anything is possible, then what will you do?
- 100% remote working – work from anywhere you like, however you like
- Competitive share options
- Unlimited holiday
- Co-working space access
- Team socials – quarterly workations, annual company retreats and virtual events
- Laptop, screens and accessories of your choosing!
- Additional £500 towards your home office setup
- Unlimited learning budget
- Medical insurance via SafetyWings
- Location-specific benefits – pension, 401k, health insurance etc.