Social Media Director at YourTango
Title: Social Media Director
Location: United States
YourTango is looking for a passionate, innovative, super-star Social Media Director who has 7+ years of experience growing, managing and curating highly engaged social media accounts. The ideal candidate is well-versed in content creation, social strategy, analytics, unearthing and deploying actionable insights, leveraging social media tools, and has a proven track record increasing social audiences and engagement.
- Spearheading YourTango’s presence on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIn, as well as Snapchat and TikTok.
- Growing audiences and engagement on all key YourTango social channels
- Developing and refining the voice of YourTango on all of our social channels, including successfully channeling the YourTango brand, using sound editorial judgment, and being sensitive to audience’s perceptions and needs
- Helping YourTango raise its brand awareness dramatically by having a powerful, popular, authentic presence on all key social channels
- Recommending and building successful native content that drives engagement (e.g. Instagram stories)
- Suggesting content ideas and partnering with the broader editorial team to produce stories based on anticipated social trends and real-time news.
- Developing testing strategies around medium (images, video) and message (headline, social share text), to inform a constantly evolving set of best practices for engaging social audiences
- Using analytics and interpreting data to implement actionable insights and achieve our business goals
- 7+ years experience overseeing social media platforms and teams.
- Successful track record growing audiences and traffic from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.
- A deep passion to help us, as a deeply purpose driven media brand, grow our digital footprint and have a much greater positive impact in the world as a result.
- Ability to write optimized, smart social copy and train social teams on best practices.
- An innate excitement for using social platforms to reach existing and new audiences in innovative ways.
- Is highly curious and creative; thrives on generating and testing new ideas
- Expertise in social analytics tools.
- Has a strong gut instinct for what will work coupled with the ability to use data to fine-tune editorial and social strategy to achieve goals.
- Deep understanding of all mainstream and relevant emerging social channels.
- Strong contacts at multiple social platforms who are able to troubleshoot issues and provide feedback.
- Loves social media.
This is a full-time, remote position that offers competitive compensation and attractive benefits.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!